Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent charges

Simple2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will recent charges be visible within a 24hr timeframe?  This is not available within 7 days either and for a network of its magnitude, O2 should be delivering more readily available data in ‘real-time’ to its customers.  Are we going backwards as technology advances in an age where parents maintain multiple services and mobile subscriptions on their account?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37213 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Recent payments to O2 from credit card (via MyO2 Wallet) have always been visible, in legacy MyO2, within 30mins of transaction.

Similarly on new 360 O2, hitting Refund in the web or app results in all credit funds transfer out to destination (bank account if on DD, credit or debit card if not) payee real-time (now some banks are still notoriously slow to post these, eg Bank of Ireland in Northern Ireland).

Recent charges usually reconcile overnight on O2's systems, except where that charge originated outside of O2's network, eg voice calls or data usage when roaming, charge-to-mobile transactions, refunds of handset deposits upon cancellation in 14 days, etc.

What exactly has not moved as fast as you think it should have, @Simple2 - in this context?

Message 2 of 6

Simple2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With respect @pgn , I observe that you are not familiar with the category names within my O2, hence your inability to address my concern accurately.  Within my o2, is a subheading called “view recent charges”.  This in no way relates to payment transaction charges.  It relates to all usage details as per texts, calls and data for eg, the number dialled, the duration  and the date made.  This is a category which was previously readily available in real-time to all virgin customers and which continued after the merger with o2.  However as of dec 2023, this has disappeared. Many customers have raised this concern and it has not been adequately addressed with any positive resolution.

this is the context of my query.

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37213 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Respectfully, is it this part of MyO2 to which you refer?

pgn_0-1717427054851.png

Then, yes, it is sometimes incorrect, and when compared to VM's charges, eg for landline calls outside of your tariff, it is fine - VM let itself down by not listing calls made that were inside your tariff bundle - but I believe that was changed in the months before merger with O2.

You may get a more accurate view of reality here than you would if you called VMO2 with the same question, @Simple2 - hence my question about what, exactly, you were wishing to see.

As this is a community forum, I am sure another of the active members here will be able to help you, and, with respect, I withdraw.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 6

Simple2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes @pgn this is the part my query refers to.  I don't think the information is inaccurate as opposed to outdated. The latest data was updated on the bank holiday after the previous billing period closed. It's been 7 days and the data is still outside of real-time. 

I appreciate your attempt to clarify the specific area since this should better direct another community member in finding a more sound resolution or at least encourage o2 technicians to resolve this situation. 

As we all know, they use this page to draw feedback and to assess their strengths and weaknesses in the mobile network market in order to provide improved customer service. 

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7098 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

If you think O2 use this Community to "draw feedback" I think you will be disappointed.  There are things the regulars have been drawing to their attention for years (literally) and they still haven't been sorted.

When it comes to the new 360 system there are things that work on the Web version and not the app. Conversely the app is better at some things than the full blown Web version.

My pervious usage figure might as well be drawn out of a hat. They certainly don't reflect reality 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6