Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Appaling Customer Services

TJP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, similarly we have found o2 scamming (mis-selling) new contracts! Contracts for both my wife and I were up so after speaking with o2 customer services and being advised that if we signed up for another 2 years they would apply a loyalty discount so not £10 per month, but £8 per month for unlimited calls/texts and 10GB. Suffice to say, signed up and no discount, multiple emails later and no progress 6 weeks later, now at a stage where likely to take this either to the ombudsman or most likely, see if Matt Alright of Watchdog fame on the One Show is interested in taking this up. o2 overseas customer services totally out of control, lying to get people to sign up no doubt for commission! Shame on o2 and their customer services.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38346 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

@TJP wrote:

Hi, similarly we have found o2 scamming (mis-selling) new contracts! Contracts for both my wife and I were up so after speaking with o2 customer services and being advised that if we signed up for another 2 years they would apply a loyalty discount so not £10 per month, but £8 per month for unlimited calls/texts and 10GB. Suffice to say, signed up and no discount, multiple emails later and no progress 6 weeks later, now at a stage where likely to take this either to the ombudsman or most likely, see if Matt Alright of Watchdog fame on the One Show is interested in taking this up. o2 overseas customer services totally out of control, lying to get people to sign up no doubt for commission! Shame on o2 and their customer services.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up explains all the discounts available to customers at contract renewal, @TJP - you were not advised that you had to apply for these yourself, I suspect.

If you need to contact O2 further, the social media links (pick one, X or Twitter is my favourite) take you to the sales team where you can ask again about this discrepancy.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Good luck.

Message 2 of 4

TJP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi pgn, thanks for taking the time to respond! more than o2 have done. However, o2 will no doubt know what is going on and unless people start to call them out it will continue and many people (customers) will just let it go and pay the bill so also posted on their Facebook and the more people that do it...

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9215 Posts
  • 211 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Please bear in mind @TJP that you must go through O2's complaints' procedure before thinking of a referral to the Ombudsman :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Message 4 of 4