Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPI+3.9%

EmilyG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just had my annual text to tell my contract price is going up by 13.4% + 3.9% = 17.3% which is disgusting. I know this is in the contract agreement but why do O2 feel the need to do this other than profits and greed? I can’t even opt for a cheaper airtime plan with less GB to make it affordable because there is only a few pennies savings between the Unlimited, 150GB and 60GB data plans. The only way to beat inflation is to drop down to less than 10GB which O2 know I won’t do as I use ~50GB per month. I have been an O2 customer for 12 years. But taking advantage of your customers at a time like this does not sit well with me and as soon as I can get out of my contract I will.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Well this is a community forum made up of customers like yourself so we are all in the same situation.

All the major networks do similar.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

digdog71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, I've just had my notification - bill going up from £25 to £29.32, no options to downgrade contract either. Already put a note in my diary next year to leave o2 and go with someone else. Never had an increase this much, disgusted!

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

They are all putting up prices, so moving will only stave off the inevitable.

Agreed 02 is the biggest, but not by much.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4