cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Coverage & Bad Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I have made a biggest mistake of life to be with O2.
It's been 10 months now and still they couldn't resolve my problem.
I have been calling them and making complaints but the same answer like we will call you back or issue will be resolved shortly.
My simple question is if they can't provide me services than, do they have rights to charge me ???
I will advise everyone to stay away for O2 Network.
1. Coverage is very poor.
2. No 4G speed ( still you pay for 4G )
3. Bad customer services.

Please let me know if you have the same issue.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You can only speak as you find but it's not something you can really generalise about. Personal opinion is fine but millions of others are happy with coverage and customer service.

I presume you have made an official complaint using the link provided?

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No network that I know of offers 100% coverage all of the time. I dont know about 'paying for 4G'...I have a 4G sim in my phone but actually haven't got this service in my area yet....I can however get 4G when I travel 6 miles up the road. It is a matter of what suits you best which is why we always recommend trying a variety of PAYG sims before you commit to a contract.

Bad customer service however...well thats a different matter and not to be tolerated really

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Mobiles are mobile, so whilst you may not be able to use it in one place, you will be able to somewhere else.
If you took a contract without checking coverage, then you only have yourself to blame - There is lots of choice out there.
PS 4G is included on most tariffs for no additional cost.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have made complaint couple of times to Complaint Review Services and still no outcome yet.

I can understand that no network will provide me 100% coverage but I should get the reception where I work and where I live..!
According to Trading Standards I should receive a services which I am paying for and if not than, that's the breach of the contract.
I hope you get my point.

Thanks
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Others have been successful in leaving their contract without penalty under similar circumstances. I wish you good luck with this and please come back and let us know what the CRS say.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
According to Trading Standards I should receive a services which I am paying for and if not than, that's the breach of the contract.
I hope you get my point.

It's OFCOM that don't get your point I'm afraid, not us.

You may be offered a way out by CRS but it's not a given.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have made complaint couple of times to Complaint Review Services and still no outcome yet.

I can understand that no network will provide me 100% coverage but I should get the reception where I work and where I live..!
I hope you get my point.

Thanks

As has been asked previously - did you check the coverage in your area (where you work and where you live) before you took out the contract, or did you just assume that you would receive coverage because other networks do?

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it was perfect when I took out the contract but after couple of weeks it just went bad.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you use the coverage checker or ask anyone else at the time if they had issues?

If you really think that O2 provides you with bad coverage then in future when you move to a different network then try some payg sims out first to see which network covers you best
Message 10 of 11