Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please call me immediately!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date: 9 August 2017

Good morning,
You have shut down your email support service and after 15 minutes no advisor is available so this appears to be the only way I can communicate with you given that you have cut me off.
My name is Liam Gardner. You cut off my phone last night, this was after me calling you as requested yesterday morning to discuss my account. The lady I spoke with assured me no further payment is required at present and that the balance of £20odd is due to come out today and I would not be cut off my complaint was to be escalated.
I landed in Paphos last Wednesday and was greeted with an o2 message informing me all my calls, texts and data would come out my normal uk allowance which is unlimited, unlimited with 10 gig of data. 4 days into the holiday you advise me a payment of £232 was required immediately to keep using the phone which was the reason for my call to you yesterday when I was told not to worry.
This matter was raised to an investigations team and I was given reference number. I have been informed a member of your staff will call me within 5 working days.
I'm extremely alarmed here as my partner (who suffers from severe stress and anxiety) and daughter are flying out to meet me in Cyprus this morning and I have no way of communicating with them.
I arrived in Cyprus last Wednesday and have been communicating with them on a regular basis to try and put them at ease as my partner has not flown in over 10 years and this is to be her daughters first ever flight on an aeroplane. This is now causing me major upset as at this moment in time as I don't know where they are and I know they will be worried as they have not heard from me. They need my reassurance which I cannot provide due to this ordeal.

I have been a loyal customer with you for years and this is how you are treating me?!
Absolutely appalled at this. I expect an email or a phone call from you in the next hour as their flight from Edinburgh to Paphos departs at 09:30 GMT.

Regards

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No one here will call you mate.
This is a customer run forum not customer service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymousyou need to call via landline or use live chat numbers in this link https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

You must let them have a sufficient amount of time to actually deal with your issue. If the payment isn't paid or your complaint upheld then they may cut your phone off completely 

Message 4 of 14

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your difficult situation @Anonymous, it sounds like a right mess! 😞

@MI5 is right however, there's no facility for anybody from here to call you unfortunately - and in any event if your line is restricted then you may not be able to receive calls either.

As you've indicated you're abroad currently, your best bet is probably to use another phone to call +44 344 809 0202 where one of the team will hopefully be able to get it sorted out for you. Alternatively, if you don't currently have access to another phone, you can use Web Chat to speak to one of the team. Full contact options available here https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Hope you manage to get it sorted! As it sounds like the payment issue is causing the problem, you've probably better of asking to be put through to the Payment Management team when you get in touch, as they will likely be best placed to help. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't rely on live chat to help with account issues 

Message 6 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

And here we go again Cyprus !!! and a users with the higher non eu data cap (at a guess).

@Anonymouswhilst on the island did you go to any areas close to the North Cyprus border? I fear a case of inadvertent roaming has occurred

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Whatever the reason the op @Anonymous is in great difficulty. All numbers, even those from abroad, are given in the contact us link I gave above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Maybe the hotel reception desk will let you use their phone to call?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous can you access myo2 from a computer to check the actual charges but as others have said you need to contact o2 by the only available means even if that is live chat if no access to another o2 pay monthly handset to call again. If you use live chat follow the advioce of @Wa10 and ensure you are put through to the correct tean

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 14