Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 9 pro fold dispatch email

Henry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The pixel 9 pro fold officially releases today and I'm yet to receive a dispatch email. Is anyone else in the same boat? This is my first time preordering a phone from O2 so I'm not sure if it's normal not to have received an email by now. 

Message 1 of 244
243 REPLIES 243

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@biohazardx9 

You mention someone buying the phone outright and getting it on day of release? I have bought the last 2 Samsung phones direct from Samsung and got them immediately. One came with buds and instead of all the faff of waiting, then putting in a claim form etc etc etc, they were in the box when the phone was delivered.

I was lucky I had the funds available to do this as I know it doesn't apply to everyone. However reading this thread and other before it, I would always recommend buying outright IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT.

The best thing about this, is choosing a sim only contract from somewhere like USwitch, who have deals half the price of O2.

I'm only mentioning this for any future purchases. Buying outright never shoves you at the back of a queue leaving you in limbo.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 81 of 244

alexg1380
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have just told me straight up that the issue is they are out of stock, not the warehouse migration. Overselling stock, not fulfilling orders. Saying they are doing it first come first served but that's clearly not happening for some

Message 82 of 244

HeroicHulk
  • 42 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive now cancelled as people who are ordering today are getting dispatch notes already!

Message 83 of 244

Petruchio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went into my local O2 store yesterday to "switch up" my pixel fold to a pro 9 fold 512gb obsidian. They didn't have it in the store so they did it as a home delivery. My order says it is "processing" and should be with me "within 1 week". Having read this thread I'm worried I'll be waiting for quite some time!! 

Message 84 of 244

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9124 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

It is worth mentioning @Cleoriff that Samsung do offer some interest-free credit ; not lots of it, but four monthly installments if I remember correctly. That is quite handy on a mid-range 'phone ; when I bought my A54, I think that I paid roughly £100 per month for four months.

On the one occasion that my "free gift" was out of stock, I got two dates from Samsung for delivery, one for the 'phone and another about three weeks later for the "free gift". Both arrived on their stipulated days without further intervention from me.    

Message 85 of 244

HeroicHulk
  • 42 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah so I called and they said these orders are effectively broken and all might as well cancel and order again. 

Message 86 of 244

biohazardx9
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

that's exactly what I have done. - cancelled and re-ordered.

Message 87 of 244

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93935 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

It is worth mentioning @Cleoriff that Samsung do offer some int if I remember correctly. That is quite handy on a mid-range 'phone ; when I bought my A54, I think that I paid roughly £100 per month for four months.

12/24 months if you want it and options to make additional payments 

Message 88 of 244

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9124 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Oxonian wrote:

It is worth mentioning @Cleoriff that Samsung do offer some int if I remember correctly. That is quite handy on a mid-range 'phone ; when I bought my A54, I think that I paid roughly £100 per month for four months.

12/24 months if you want it and options to make additional payments 

Thank you for clarifying that @jonsie ; your experience with this is more recent than mine ! 👍

I cannot remember whether four monthly installments was the maximum when I got my A54, or if I chose to pay over four months.

Anyway, 12 or 24 months should work for many prospective purchasers. 

Message 89 of 244

HeroicHulk
  • 42 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah it says delivery 2-3 days which I believe as now I can't even cancel the order etc so it's already gone further than last time. 

Message 90 of 244