cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment methods: We want to hear from you!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As most of you probably know, most O2 customers use a recognisable Direct Debit method to pay their monthly bills, as with most other products and services in day-to-day life. There are however some who still pay manually and we’d love to hear from you. 

Why do you pay manually? Is it due to your situation (and if so, please share any useful info) or a personal choice?

We're always looking to make improvements and thought that this was the best ace to gather some views on our payment methods, so fire away!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Rongtw
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bambino , I am 61 , kids are 27 and 21 .  they work but refused a contract phone

PAYG is not a good idea as you dont have a handset .

A lot of good replys here But its not about my personal Finance , or situation The point i am trying to make was the inflexibility of the payment system, Especially if you want to pay your handset monthly early

Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 have something in the region of 20 million customers (directly with O2).
In order to successfully collect payments from all 20 million people, they have a system in place which every customer agrees to when they take out a contract.
If every customer stays with that agreement there are rarely any problems.
I don't see why O2 should provide a flexible system to suit a few people which goes against the T&C's agreed to by all?
I'm sorry, but a contract is a contract and should be upheld by both parties.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23070 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Rongtw wrote:

Bambino , I am 61 , kids are 27 and 21 .  they work but refused a contract phone

PAYG is not a good idea as you dont have a handset .

A lot of good replys here But its not about my personal Finance , or situation The point i am trying to make was the inflexibility of the payment system, Especially if you want to pay your handset monthly early

@Rongtw With respect, what do you mean they refused a contract phone? They're adults. Why are you paying for their phones with your disability benefits? Do they just have the phones to be available if you need them, or do they use them in their daily lives? If it's the latter, considering their ages they should be paying their own way. I'm sure you could use the money that you're paying for device and airtime for their phones for something better suited to your needs. If you don't want to do that right now, once their current devices are paid off they will have handsets. They could go onto PAYG then and take some of the financial burden off you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 24 of 24