cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly On-line Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - I've been a Cellnet and then O2 user since the late '80s, when the only option as a manager at BT was Cellnet. Having moved on thankfully I have been on a contract since c. 1999/2000. Generally it's been OK, very good service, however, when I go to My O2 to check my bill etc., as per the e-mailed I get sent I get this panel message:
Important information about your account
For some reason we do not have a pay monthly online bill associated with the "username and password" you have signed in with.
To view a pay monthly online bill you will need to have set up a pay monthly mobile phone account and when you set this account up you would have been given, or chosen a username and password. You need to use these original 'sign in' details to view your bill online.
If you can't remember your original sign in details, please go to our online username and password reminder.
If you are a prepay, O2 customer billed by a different company or not yet an O2 customer and are interested in our O2 pay monthly please see our Pay monthly deals in the online shop.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
I contacted O2 by 'e-mail' before Christmas, and again last night. There has been no response.
It is rather absurd: O2 have been paper billing me since c. 1999 and then switched to paper-less billing, have continued to send e-mails and txts to say they'll be direct debiting my bank account monthly, and taking the cash. It seems to be a major problem at O2's end. It means though that O2 are probably unlawfully collecting as no invoice or bill is being presented, and I cannot reconcile or check what is being charged against use.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
Yep.
Phone them!
#siwy
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried - they have been very unhelpful - are unable to check the order, and provide any information.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried - they have been very unhelpful - are unable to check the order, and provide any information.

In your other thread you said you'd placed a new order?
In this one you are an existing customer. I'm beginning to suspect we are getting half a story here .
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this one you are an existing customer. I'm beginning to suspect we are getting half a story here .

No, I'm an existing long-term 10 year+ contract customer who ordered a new phone - as a replacement and an upgrade from a Nokia E51.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I'm an existing long-term 10 year+ contract customer who ordered a new phone - as a replacement and an upgrade from a Nokia E51.

I've now had a reply to my second e-mail (sent logged in via MyO2) to O2 customer service - see below.
I didn't provide any security answers in the e-mail to them - I had no security questions to respond to - and in any case have no personal security questions and answers set up. I have had to go back to them with the limited information to hand from the last paper bill - from about 16 months ago - and what was last collected by direct debit, and the amounts and reference numbers, by O2 from my bank account in Dec 2010.
Up until now all transactions with O2 have been via the O2 shops, by letter or (by O2) by text to my mobile.
I can't of course provide the bill date and exact amount as I can't access that information via O2 on-line, and the details of when the direct debit was received and paid (not the bill date) and O2 ref number will only appear on the next bank statement not yet received.

"The security answers given by you doesn't match our records. To help you
further, please reply with the last bill date, last bill amount and
current tariff you're on.
This is to make sure that we're dealing with the correct person as
account security is important to us and our customers."
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
That seems to have done the trick, as access is now possible. Bizzarely though additional new account and phone numbers have been assigned, and there is no previous billing history on my long-term, 'real' account and phone number.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is exatley what is happening to me also.i have 2 mobile contracts with very similar numbers, but i can only log into 1 account despite o2 telling me they have linked both accounts, when i try to log into the second account i get exactly the same message!
on contacting i have also done by email so as i have proof of what has been discussed but in this process i have been asked for my password(which we are always being reminded they will never ask for!) and now being told to ring them! is my time not as important as theres? and i really dont see what the difference phoning will make, is this just so they can "fob" us off to "another dept"
one of my accounts has a stupidly high bill which i despute but cant access the account to see!
surely its classed as theft if they debit your account without your (a)approval and (b)without billing/notice of amount to be debited?
i am sick of this now, its a joke they are obviously incompetant, how can you run a communications compant when they refuse to comunicate? i have told them they have 28 days to resolve this or im takin legal action!
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
That seems to have done the trick, as access is now possible. Bizzarely though additional new account and phone numbers have been assigned, and there is no previous billing history on my long-term, 'real' account and phone number.

Nothing bizarre about it to me. Clearly when you placed your order you bought a new connection, not an upgrade. The fact there is a new phone number, new account number and new sign in details plus no previous history all fits perfectly.
Whether that is what you meant or wanted to do is another matter entirely, of course.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kerry, they are asking you to ring them so an advisor can find the online account, check the username with you in person, reset the password and stay on the phone with you while you successfully log in, and if you dont they can forward the relevant info to the technical back office to sort it out.
Why would you think an offer to help you sort it over the phone is demeaning to you?
Message 10 of 14