cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently been having issues regarding DATA on my handset. At first when I started looking at how to contact someone who could assist me, my first attempt was to try an online chat................wow this was painstakingly slow and I could not complete the conversation as the procedure was not helping the situation. The I eventually located the 202 number, (not an easy number to find) Now for the painful process of going through the various automated options......verifying security details and then eventually getting through to someone who takes you through the whole verification process again. My first response was that there was a MAST problem in my local area, which I was willing to accept as there did not appear to be any fault with my account or handset. However, upon leaving my immediate location and travelling across approximately 30 miles via train, going through a number of different post code areas, I ended up in central London and had problems with my DATA. I sincerely hope that my poor handset wasn't still relying on the MAST 30 miles away that was apparently faulty? when calling the 202 number again, going through all the options and processes required to eventually speak to a 'GURU', it was established that my APN settings had been removed ( apparently this can happen when your operating system send through an update). The 'GURU' was able to help me re-instate all the relevant APN settings and my DATA was back up and running. 4 days later, once again I was out and about and realised that I had no DATA. At this point I am really beginning to loose my patience, so having gone through all the automated options on 202, I eventually arrived at Rachel, the so called 'GURU'. having explained my situation to her and emphasising that i had only just sorted my DATA problem out 4 days prior, Rachel spoke to me as if I was a 2 year old trying to use a smartphone for the first time. She was fuelling my anger as she continued with her diagnostic tests, simply because she was following procedures and could not use the slightest bit of common sense. The conversation turned very sour and she continued to refuse to help me or put me through to a senior member, and I ended the call! After about 25 different attempts of trying to get through to customer service via the automated system, I eventually got through to a great chap called Wanie. Before we began our conversation, i highlighted to Wanie that I was extremely frustrated and angry having experienced Rachels pathetic service and patronising, for which he apologised and began similar trouble shooting process. Wanie could also see that there was nothing wrong with my account and or nearby network. Unlike Rachel, Wanie used some common sense and refreshed my account from his side, asked me to reboot my handset and he would call back to check if all was working fine. At this point I was satisfied with what had been done and was willing to do what Wanie had asked me to do. After rebooting the handset, my DATA returned to normal and Wanie called me back as promised.

Now after my experience with what I call a JOBSWORTH, Rachel, I have made the concious decision of LEAVING O2 as soon as I possibly can, and to never use another product of O2 again.

I sincerely wish that these TELCO giants come under real threat of their businesses being under scrutiny and being made to re-evaluate the customer service methods! Automated Machines do not work when it comes to customer service, people want to speak to people,not MACHINES! and when we do speak to another human we expected to be treated as a customer, not just a bill paying individual who is locked in a contract no matter what, and has to be subjected to all manners of putrid customer service! 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sorry for your poor experience. It does sometimes depend on who you speak to unfortunately.

Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Just to let you know that this is a customer run forum and you are not addressing o2 directly.
If you wish to, the complaints link is here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

"Automated Machines do not work when it comes to customer service, people want to speak to people,not MACHINES! and when we do speak to another human we expect to be treated as a customer, not just a bill paying individual who is locked in a contract no matter what"

And that is the key to a good customer service process.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am absolutely fuming.............................. O2 contacted me to upgrade my phone as I'm an existing O2 customer, so's my family and have been for some years. Pay monthly SIM account. I had a old , but efficient Samsung Galaxy 2. Now I have a HTC which is ok but I am being charged 33p every time I send the same text to 2 or more people:  2 persons =33p, 4 persons = £1.32 and so on.

I went on live chat. Oh ****!!!!! 45 minutes to have, in effect a 2 minute converstion when the "person" at the other end told me -sorry, INSISTED- my texts were too long or I was sending pictures. I WAS DOING NEITHER!!!!

I did send a couple of "smiley" thingys which I now learn are classed as photos. Why put the damned things on my phone then!!!! I was not charged for these on my Samsung account. I've stopped doing these.

Also, to be told my texts were too long is rubbish, all were not exceeding 15 words and some only 8!!!

MULTIMEDIA they call it. I call it THE SAME SODDING SIMPLE TEXT TO MY FRIENDS!!!!

I have been totally conned by O2 as the contract was "renew my existing account and add £7 per month on for the new phone".

O2 cannot be contacted as there is not an email address on "complaints". Just the usual pathetic/ ridiculous waste of time they call "Live Chat" . What a farce!!!

I'm seriously going to tell them to stuff the whole contract if they charge me 33P [PER INDIVIDUAL]  text again for sending a text under 160 characters to a few recipients.

I'm with BT for my home line and they offer a much cheaper SIM service. O2 changed the rules so if you are thinking of changinging anything through O2................................. DON'T.

T Gibson.

Message 5 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and I did try 202 but could not get past the Automaton through to "complaints" which, I asume, does not exist.

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just used the above "how to complain" Link: it gives me the wonderful "Live Chat" or "202" options which do not put me through to "complaints". Hmmmmmmmm.

Message 8 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Well I found it easily enough......clue : it's under Complaint Review Service

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts