cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On hold for too long - I want to return my phone back

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to return my Iphone 5 back and i am on hold for too long... I understand i only have 7 days cooling period but i simply cannot contact you...

this is so unfair and i am going to file a legal complaint if someone doesn't come back to me.

thanks

Andreas

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

I believe the normal cooling off period is 14 days. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3326 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

You won't get a response on here as its mainly a customer forum. You only need to inform o2 via email or other means within 7 days under the DSR (presuming you go it over the internet/phone/mail order). You do not have to return it within 7 days only inform them. If you got it in-store then obviously that is the place to go.

So you could keep on trying by phone or use the email contact us form floating about on the main site or even try the live chat service.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

using the live chat service... the representative has lied to me.. he told me i am outside the coooling period...

I received the phone on Friday... today is wednesday

he says now let me check this for you... i am going to print out everything and send it to bbc.. seriously this sucks big time.. i am being treated like s**&!

Message 4 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Try again, that must be wrong.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok now he is helpful but trying to switch back from the "nano-sim" to "micro-sim" .. not working..

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

another funny one:

Raul: You just need to send the handset back to us and today, not tomorrow. When the handset return to us, please contact us again and we will change the tariff for you. Generally, phone return to us within 3 -5 working days.

Andreas: today is 6pm.. the post office is closed.. how can i send it back?

Andreas: you want me to drive there?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok managed to sort it out in the end.. but please confirm I need to send this back to O2 and not carphonewarehouse..

i purchased the phone from the O2 website but the paper that came with it says carphonewarehouse.

rather be safe than sorry...

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although you bought the phone on the O2 website, the stock came from CPW, so they deal with the return.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was informed by O2 when upgrading that all phone returns are dealt with by CPW and that O2 wouldn't be available to help, also that you do not need to post the phone back, but that you can return the phone to your local CPW in persaon, give them (the CPW) a ring in the morning and confirm this.

Message 10 of 13