Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sort yourselves out

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
So I went into my local O2 store to see if they had an Apple watch in stock. They were able to get one in for today for me so to save me waiting until the 13July I cancelled my online order. However because it takes 24 hours to cancel an order, even though it was confirmed as cancelled, I had to go back to the store this morning. We were good to go did all the checks got to the last bit and it then asked for £375 deposit. Now before you all respond with it’s because of your credit score. It isn’t. Apparently every watch dale the store has done has asked for £375 deposit. Whilst in the store spoke to CS sales over the phone and did a click and collect order over the phone. All put on no problem and took £20 as per the advertised deal. Sorted. Except despite the cd guys system saying collection would be on the 25th the order confirmation says the 13th July. The guy at CS said the store might at its discretion let me take the one they had reserved for me and had there. Spoke to the store manager and the answer was no as their systems don’t allow them to do it ! So to be honest the whole thing is completely disorganised and no consistency. Sort it out O2.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@jezza1234  This is not O2. We are all customers here. Same as you. I will tag our community admin. Maybe they can pass on your displeasure. @Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT 

Edit: If you don't want to wait for a response from admin, you can lodge a complaint yourself: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s because you cancelled an order then went straight in store to make another in a very short time so they would require a deposit to make sure your credit is good after cancelling one order & straightaway doing another may look suss
Message 3 of 7

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
This is not O2. We are all customers here. Same as you. I will tag our community admin. Maybe they can pass on your displeasure. @Martin-O2, @Marjo, @EmilieT

I have been a member of the community for a number of years so am aware. However my post was just to have a general moan😂😂
Message 4 of 7

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
As put in my post this was not due to going into the store after cancelling an on line order. The point of the post was to highlight the fact that there is no consistency between on line and in store. The guys in store said that every watch they have tried to do in store comes up with a £375 deposit which is a problem when you order on line and the deposit is £20. As per the advertised deal. This has caused most people to leave the store and order on line. So as I said O2 need to sort this as it is clearly an issue 😃
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well they won’t see your post here so admin will pass on your feedback & we always advise going in store to make a purchase as 99% of the time there is no online stock
Message 6 of 7

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
I know they won’t see my post which is why I made a formal complaint directly to O2 which is the only way to let them know. Going to CS would not ensure visibility at the right level. As I have said the post on here was merely to have a light hearted moan😄 as I have been a forum member for a number of years so know how it works and that t we are not CS and that no one directly from O2 sees our posts.
Message 7 of 7