cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 making unauthorised transactions from bank account

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 rip off merchants - find another provider! (full story below)

At the end of my 24 month O2 pay monthly contract I made the mistake of signing on for a SIM only 12 month contract. Within 24 hours of taking out the SIM only contract I called in to the O2 shop in the local centre and requested that they cancel the contract as I had found a better deal elsewhere. I was told that this would not be a problem as I was still in the 14 day cooling off period. Some weeks later a bill arrived for £120.02 and it was explained that this was due to an early termination charge! I swiftly contacted O2 customer services and waited patiently to speak to a customer services advisor. After 15 - 20 minutes of waiting the music stopped and was replaced by the sound of a bustling call centre for about 5 seconds before the call was disconnected. Feeling determined I tried again and this time I spoke to an advisor who agreed that the bill was issued in error and advised me that it would be corrected. Another bill was issued advising that I had nothing to pay. Content that I had finally freed myself from the shackles of O2's atrocious customer service I got on with things as normal until the end of the month when I checked my online banking. Lo and behold O2 had withdrawn the full £120.02 from my account. Having already been advised that there was nothing to pay you can imagine that I was very annoyed.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144830 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Your account will be in credit so fill in this form for a refund https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=34
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 123255 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous

If you get no resolution from Customer services then you must complain http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144830 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Your account will be in credit so fill in this form for a refund https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=34
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Mistakes like this can happen especially if there is a cross over with billing dates close to your termination date. One account I terminated with O2 had the final bill (which was about £300) attempted to be taken out twice. In my case I deliberately allowed my bank to bounce the second direct debit then sought recovery of any associated charges from O2.

As O2 have taken the incorrect payment in your case, as others have advised you need to contact O2 to arrange to have this credited. I would also raise a formal complaint as you have also been advised as O2 should be making a gesture of goodwill in my opinion to compensate for the inconvenience

Message 4 of 4