Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 incompetence

LeeDavies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to make people aware to be careful of O2’s incompetence.  My account clearly shows my device is paid off, I have been sent a statement confirming this fact.  Furthermore, when you go to my account and ‘make a payment’, it also clearly states that I have fully paid my device (I also know it is fully paid).  I paid my last instalment Separately from normal DD collection)

However O2 have sent me an email demanding device payment and upon contacting so called support, they also demand further payment so I have in turn lodged a Subject Access Request under GDPR/Freedom of Information and told them to reissue my statement sent a week ago and send a further Full Statement of Account.

I am disgusted by their incompetence and will take legal action against them if they persist in fraudulently trying to obtain money that is not due.  BEWARE of the conduct of O2 everyone

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23129 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I don't know why you're persisting with Live Chat @LeeDavies. You've been told that they're useless. You won't get anywhere going down that route. The only method of complaint that is effective through O2 is to use the Resolver link. They are an independent body, and have a good success rate. Please use this: 

Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 28

LeeDavies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The below post is now available on Martin Lewis consumer website.  Think very carefully before using O2 as your mobile provider everyone.

My 02 contract recently came to an end, I have over four years totally unblemished payment history and a squeaky clean credit score (up till this point).

Accordingly, I changed to a 12 month SIM only deal, paid a device payment and subsequently received a completion of payment statement.  To double check, I accessed my O2 account and sure enough, all information on my account clearly stated ‘Your device is fully paid’ and ‘There are no payments due’ so cancelled my device direct debit and left my airtime DD open to be adjusted appropriately for my new SIM only contract (same bank details as previous).

I received no further communication from O2 at all either on my account or otherwise.  Out of the blue 2 weeks later I received a text from O2 demanding £14.14 for outstanding device payment, I checked my account again, device listed as fully paid and no options whatsoever to make any so called device payment.

I then wasted hours over O2’s pathetic excuse for web chat, then wasted another two hours a day over two days 6&7 April trying to get to speak to someone.  After actually managing to get through, it was confirmed by O2 call handler that O2 had indeed closed my device plan but still wanted a final payment of £14.14, really??

I informed call handler there was nothing listed on my account, or communicated to me at any time about this apart from the demanding payment text on 6 April.  I also advised there was no option to pay, the call handler also factually and clearly advised he couldn’t take any payment by phone as O2 had closed my device account as fully paid.  He apologised and offered me £50 in compensation along with assurances that my issue would be dealt with and resolved.

However, I then began to get bombarded with emails, texts and web chat messages demanding payment with a link to pay.  This link simply took me to my account that listed device fully paid and no option to pay as it was fully paid.  All this happened following wasting hours of my valuable time trying to make contact, being assured it would be dealt with and offered compensation.  I was also assured O2 would make contact to confirm once done.  I heard nothing further from O2, nobody made any attempt to contact me at any time.

To add to O2’s outrageous and unacceptable conduct, on 10 April, O2 then blocked my phone, removed internet access so I can only receive incoming call’s.

Again I wasted over three hours over web chat and calls on 11 April and managed to get through to be told I owed £2.77 airtime balance (which was not due to be paid until 26 days time).  I was also assured my phone service would be resolved and phone service resumed.  Again nothing happened and no phone service restored.

By this time, O2 were totally out of control bombarding me with demands for payment and threatening me with credit agencies and still are up to this very day, 15 April 2023.  My phone service is also still blocked (and bear in mind £14.14 or £2.77 whichever it is they are demanding) is less than half of £50 compensation due to me by them.  O2 also refuse to explain what is going on, or why I have been told two different amounts.

I have an Anxious Avoidant Personality Disorder and ADHD and the panic, confusion, distress, mental health anguish they have caused has been beyond words. I am worried O2’s incompetence and ineptitude will affect my impeccable credit rating and O2 have factually been obstructive, inactive and consistently failed to communicate, resolve any issues as assured and harassing me for money with credit threats up to date.

I have made a formal complaint with O2 and resolver and have issued O2 with a Subject Access Request.  I have never in my life encountered such a shambolic service and chaotic disregard for a customer bearing in mind the whole issue is the fault of, and caused by O2 from the outset.

I would urge everyone to be cautious when thinking about using O2 as a mobile provider as they have proved to be utterly useless and untrustworthy in every sense. 

The lack of any customer service, empathy or understanding from O2 (despite the issues I’ve been subjected to), is beyond reproach.  O2 are simply out of control
Message 22 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@LeeDavies 

I'm sorry to hear of all the mayhem you have experienced. As you know, this is a community forum made up of members like yourself and we have no access to your account. However we are lucky enough to have O2 account advisors on site so I'll tag two of them @O2Jonathan and @O2Emma. Hopefully one of them will be able to help you sort this mess out. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 28

O2Jonathan
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thank you for the tag @Cleoriff . I will private message you now @LeeDavies .

signature
Message 24 of 28

LeeDavies
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Cleoriff.  As you can imagine, I’ve given up contacting them, I’ve wasted so much time and energy also disruption on a daily basis while at work that it’s now intolerable.

Endless broken promises, shockingly inept communication, failures of basic service and fundamental customer relations is truly alarming.  Even so considering the entire scenario was caused by O2, they happily allow the matter to degenerate on a daily basis and dig themselves deeper into a hole.

It’s hard enough getting my head in the right place as it is, without having to contend with this lot and their ignorance.

Thanks again

Message 25 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@LeeDavies 

I see @O2Jonathan has responded. He will send you a private message, so check the envelope icon at the top right hand side of page. Once you see a red No 1 in that envelope, click on that and  respond to his message.

I do wish you the very best of luck xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 28

LeeDavies
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay everyone, here’s an update and more embarrassment for O2.  Here’s a response I received and to follow this, I will post my response.  How many times can you include the word confusing in one response.  It admits I’ve a credit but fails to answer why I’m in credit and they can’t process a payment. Ridiculous and embarrassing 

- You do have a £50 credit on your account, this will take affect from your next bill(any credits always go onto the next bill rather than the current bill)

- We will try take a payment of £2.77 from you on 18/04/23 to cover the current airtime bill (this bill was produced on 04/04 and is paid 2 weeks later on 18/04)

- As for your device plan what it looks like has happened is you have paid off £14.10 on the 17/03/23, which you thought was your final device plan payment, however as your bill had already been produced for march on 04/03/23 which would have been paid on the 18/03/23 (the day after you paid the £14.10) the system will not register that there was a device plan payment due the day after. That is why it would have shown you only owed £14.10 on the device plan but actually you owed £14.14 (from the bill already produced on 04/03 and due to be paid on 18/03) and then a further £14.10.

Its confusing and hard to explain- especially when a manual payment is made around the same time a DD is due it can confuse the billing system.

So to confirm what is owed currently is:

- £2.77 which we have already requested from your bank and we should get this on 18/04/23 (airtime for April)

- The other device plan payment which was due on 18th March of £14.14

As for any SMS you get they are all automated and I do apologise as these can be so confusing.

I hope ive answered a few questions there but let me know as I understand its quite confusing.

Message 27 of 28

LeeDavies
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here’s my response to the above

Yet again that is an inadequate response from an O2 representative.  All you have done, and failed to address is the following.

* You have confirmed your system is inadequate, fails to list required up to date information and ‘becomes confused’.  That is not acceptable, you have again confirmed this is a flaw and fault on behalf of O2 from the outset.  It is your obligation as a provider to ensure your systems are fit for purpose, it is entirely unacceptable to simply pass it off on your system being easily confused on a basic matter.  It is up to you as a provider to ensure your systems are not flawed and provide customers with accurate and up to date information.  I trust this is clear

I provenly did not stop my DD until double checking and your information detailed my device was fully paid.  Even 3 weeks later it still shows as this so your explanation is unacceptable.  The effect, confusion caused to your customers (and the ramifications of such confusion), MUST BE PARAMOUNT, it is NOT acceptable to attempt to twist it as a very weak and inadequate attempt to brush over your flaws and the effects your flaws cause.  Who is more important?  Your customers or defending the failures of your weak systems?

*You have also failed to address why my service is still restricted due to your failures

*You fail to address a rebate for the time you’ve restricted my service

*You fail to address why O2 themselves couldn’t take payment or resolve this as assured and also the integral point that as I’ve clearly proved, O2 have made resolution/taking payment/making impossible yet still go on to restrict my service.

I would go on but I really can’t be bothered, you’ve wasted my time this afternoon yet again, failed to resolve and failed to address all points.  Unbelievable that you actually believed that your response would be acceptable, or is even accurate.

I will be posting your message, along with this response publicly on social media and Martin Lewis etc.

To be Frank, your response is embarrassing as is O2’s conduct and failures throughout.  You’ve simply succeeded in confirming further failures.

unreal, disgraceful, embarrassing yet again from O2

Message 28 of 28