Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 from an Unbiased Customer Perspective - My Online Diary

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

I've decided to take a Refresh deal on a 4G phone and will treat everything as a normal O2 customer, ie, phone will be O2 locked & branded, I will not root or jailbreak, if anything goes wrong I will contact live chat in the first instance, repairs (if necessary) will be done through O2 etc....

I haven't decided which phone as yet, but it will probably be a mid range handset and I will document my experience from ordering, through to setting up & using, the quality of CS and my thoughts on 4G along with the whole "O2 user journey" throughout my contract period.

I will be completely unbiased and I have the option to compare all services to the other 2 networks I use on a regular basis (Three & EE) along with GG which my wife uses.....

I'm hoping it will be a pleasant and enlightening journey slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

If they are the same as my kids their phones will always be ringing or getting text alerts! They seem to get a call or text every 3-4 minutes slight_smile

Message 11 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
It's a constant stream with my daughters phone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine too.

Hers is Bbm most of the time !
Message 13 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should we run a little wager on whether MI5 cracks and decides to flash a custom rom after he sees something he likes on XDA? :robottongue:

Message 14 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope.

I believe MI5's a man of his word and it'll stay as it was out of the box.
Message 15 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Went into my local O2 store today and picked up the Xperia SP on Refresh 4G.
All went well in store. I had a trainee process my order but he was assisted by the store Manager and I was in and out with my new phone in 15 minutes.
PAC was given at the same time so my number should port over tomorrow sometime.
Just need to go try out 4G now which again will be tomorrow in Coventry.....
Message 16 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
First problem of not having a log in password for "My O2" addressed by Ray on live chat in less than 5 mins.
Very weak 4G signal in my office but still showing 11 down/2 up. I'll try it in the city centre later hoping for better.....
Still waiting for number to port over.....
Message 17 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
First problem of not having a log in password for "My O2" addressed by Ray on live chat in less than 5 mins.
Very weak 4G signal in my office but still showing 11 down/2 up. I'll try it in the city centre later hoping for better.....
Still waiting for number to port over.....

That's another big positive of 4G.  Don't need a strong signal to get super speeds.  I don't worry about the strength of the signal as long as i'm locked onto 4G I know my speeds will be good.

In the city centre you may not get such good speeds due to the frequency O2 are using - interested to see the results.

Message 18 of 173

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
SIM has gone off line, so I assume (hope) the number port has started.....
Message 19 of 173

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I'm eager to know how long you'll be off-line for so I await your update MI5 slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 173