cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 failings: unreliable coverage; requires pressure to abide by Sale of Goods Act

Anonymous
Not applicable

25 July 2017. North Hertfordshire. Sandon.
Over past two weeks mobile service has got worse at my location (inside and outside property). Delayed reception of texts, banked-up emails; no internet connection at all; sometimes no register recognition to allow me to ring 202 on mobile to report fault.

A call to O2 elicited this sequence: Your phone's sim card could be at fault; for better connection switch phone off and on again; "no it's not your phone the local mast is having issues"; the mast will be functioning again by 21 July; (did get revived internet use for about two days, then outage again). I was awarded £7 in compensation for days offline and up to 21/7.

I tested lots of locations around my home and found what might be called a "blind spot" for transmission there and a few hundred metres around it. That is, very fast internet connections (even in a dip shaded by dense tree cover) elsewhere in the village but not on my "trajectory" (and tested at different times).

My call today to O2 (25/7) had this response: switch your phone to just use 2G (after a previous O2 call promised "you will have 4G by the year-end"); oh, the mast is 4km away (as if it had just got up and walked further off); we could release you from the contract and you can find another provider.

I said I was not going away and that O2 should visit this area and its mast and ascertain the faults. Insistence brought a manager to the phone who simply relayed the original call-taker's platitudes. I said that for the sake of others affected, too, I wasn't going away and wanted technical answers. You cannot ring the technical department directly but have to be transferred - by which time, after half an hour speaking or more usually left on hold, I had run out of time to continue the call.

But I shall persist another day. And I will get a technical assessment.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha! Yes probably!

But I wait in hope that the problem will be fixed before this data mysteriously disappears!

Message 21 of 21