cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are going downhill

Anonymous
Not applicable

As the title says. O2 need to rethink this move & strategy. It’s beyond despicable. People who use these services will lose out massively with no suitable alternative or apology or warning. Customers will leave you in droves. I am only with you still because you are the only network in my area to have good coverage compared to the other networks 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with you @Anonymous.....O2 seem to be really behind in the telecoms race for supremacy

Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2's so called supremecy and innotiveness ended half a dozen years or so ago. This at the moment is a very angry community. 

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

O2's so called supremecy and innotiveness ended half a dozen years or so ago. This at the moment is a very angry community. 

Well I aim to change the communities anger.....so i've updated my joke in my footer point_down

Message 4 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the eu blocked Telefonica Uk's Sale to 3 Telefonica is in debt (patent co) Telefonica are lokiing to liqudate cash reserves from the strong Telefonica Uk (o2) lets see what the financial results out end of the month have to say .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous in spite of your 'plea' O2 won't rethink their strategy. They are thinking in the short-term and of their customers not at all.

I cannot move as I only started my current contract a few months ago; from 20th April 2017 to be precise. I certainly don't have the money to pay off my device. If I did I'd be away like a shot.

The O2 I knew when I was a PAYG customer and then moved to contract has gone, and is unlikely to return.

Unless there is a serious change within O2, after my present contract is up I'll be changing network.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 10

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Agreed. It smacks of desperation to discontinue a mature service which probably doesn't cost a vast amount to maintain. I suspect the thinking behind it is 50% "we can save cost" and 50% "this will force some customers to use roaming more". What it's done is remove a key differentiator between o2 and it's own mvno's, which are more competitive price wise.

The only remaining differentiator is an online coupon book for the majority of customers, plus a free screen repair if you buy a top tier contract. It's not enough.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree, they are going downhill very fast and the only reason I am still using them is because sadly they have the best coverage where we live, I only wish there was an alternative!! I have been trying to upgrade my sons phone for over a week now and they cannot do this because I changed my surname. I sent all the relevant documentation last Monday and still no name change... What the heck is happening 02?!!!
Message 10 of 10