Did you mean: 

O2 Fraud. Embarrassing company.

JamieFisher
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I reported that someone had fraudulently opened 3 accounts in my name with O2 to the fraud team well over a month ago (almost 2 months ago).

3 weeks after informing O2 of this fraud, I had a letter from debt collection demanding £1250.50

All of the letters received indicate there are only 2 accounts in my name. My credit file, however, shows 3.

Throughout the whole time since reporting it, I have been calling for updates and have been promised a call back from a manager within 48 hours a total of 5 times. Can you guess how many calls backs I actually got?

Zero. 

I called today, expressed my concerns, and was told a manager would call back within an hour. 

1 hour 30 passes, still no call.

I call back, explain the situation, the lady on the phone emails the original lady who comes back to her instantly saying she's been trying to contact me, which is BS because the number they have on file is correct, and my phone is working perfectly. When I told the lady on the phone that the previous lady is lying and she isn't trying to contact me.. what happens? She hangs up! LMAO!

I'm currently on a call to another advisor making complaints about the people I spoke to previously, before I can continue and ask about my fraud case.

I'm aware the fraud team is not customer facing, so please keep your generated responses to yourselves whoever I keep saying replying the same thing on other peoples posts.

I've been able to use my credit file for anything for almost 2 months. My life is being held hostage by O2's incompetence. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Regretfully nobody here can help. We are all customers, having no O2 staff now, so no access to accounts.

If you go to the O2 complaints page and scroll down you will see a service called Resolver

Feedback is they are quite good at getting action

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

JamieFisher
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm aware, thanks.

I just wanted to rant, and let everyone know what a shoddy job O2 are doing.

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@JamieFisher Can't disagree with you, especially when it comes to fraud cases.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

There are some links in the post below @JamieFisher  (toward the end) with more links and suggestions of what to do - like reporting the fraud to action fraud.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Scam-Alert-Vishing-Smishing-amp-Phishing-Megaguide/m-p/16... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JamieFisher 

I am beginning to conclude that O2's fraud team should tell customers, when starting an investigation, that they will not be providing updates whilst the investigation is ongoing. Criminal law and the money laundering regulations both prevent them from giving meaningful updates, so I feel they should explain that at the outset. 

If nothing else, it would manage customer expectations.  

Message 6 of 6