cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Dreadful customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been with O2 I am glad to hear I can finally leaveBouncy. O2 customer service has always been bad but I stayed with them simply because I use Visual Voicemail and when I oreviously moved to Vodafone, I missed itCry. However now EE have not only far better coverage but also VVM. The only problem now is getting through the dreadful hold queueDon't know. I spent around 2 hours last week getting a PAC code but since I has not arrived, I have had to call back. 15 minutes on hold resulted in an appology but they have lost my request. I have now been on hold for 46 minutesDestroy.

When you get through to O2's automated call direction system, you hear that they are unusually busy Confusedand hold tiomes are longer trhan expectedCrazy. This is simply a lieThinking. Every time you call them, you hear the same infuruating messageEvil. If you hear this every time, then surely this cannot be unexpected, thus they are either incompetant or telling porkiesWave!

Anyway, I can put up with holding, as long as it results in my PAC code and not having to deal with this bunch of idiots again.

53 minutes and still holding.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

DREADFUL 02 'CUSTOMER SERVICE' is an under-statement.

I rang on the 0844 number at a cost of around 10p per minute and over an HOUR later, I'm still on hold...  

I also tried using CHAT to occupy my mind and maybe get a quicker response using that route, but guess what ... 40 minutes later, still waiting in another queue.  

I'm going to be cancelling both my O2 acoounts and first thing tomorrow, call OFCOM to report this situation.  It is wholly unacceptable and poor service - in stark contrast by the way to another provider I'm moving to, which answered its phones in less than 5 mins and on chat in less than one minute.

Sooner I get my PAC codes from O2, the better !

Message 31 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Why not just dial the free 202 number from your mobile?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Why not just dial the free 202 number from your mobile?

I was going to ask the same question but thought I must be missing something...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 40

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
We both could be....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 40

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Perhaps a problem with the mobile or account. Must be a very logical reason....

Message 35 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just concluded my call after around 80 mins on hold. Very helpful guy, but I'm simply not prepared to be kept waiting for "customer service" for that long. I've cancelled both my O2 accounts and moving to another provider, which by the way provides better coverage here, better customer service by far and is cheaper! Goodbye O2 !!
Message 36 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just concluded my call after around 80mins on hold. Very helpful guy, but I'm simply not prepared to be kept waiting for "customer service" for that long. I've cancelled both myO2 accounts and moving to another provider, which by the way provides better coverage here, better customer service by far and is cheaper! GoodbyeO2 !!

Oh dear...another dissatisfied customer. Very poor show O2...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is a long time to be on hold 😞

I assume you've pre checked alternative networks via Payg sims to ensure you get good signal.

And you've thought about unlocking your current phone to work in other networks

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Unlock form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
Message 38 of 40

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
If it works better for you it makes sense....
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 39 of 40

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's just crazy the way they are ruining their reputation rather than making alternate arrangements for the increased volume of calls every year at this time. Most people are already angry and frustrated before they actually speak to an adviser. I do feel sorry for them and the customers.

Message 40 of 40