cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 3G coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the past 5 years i've been on Orange and always been very happy with the 3G signal i've had - i live in Stafford and work in Telford and never really had anything less then full 3G coverage in these areas. I moved to O2 because of the iphone but O2's 3G coverage appears to be really way behind that of other networks - Stafford has NO 3G coverage at all ! Even their "future o2 coverage" map shows no plans for stafford. Telford does have coverage but minimal. Why are O2 so far behind ? To say it's disappointing would be an understatement. I dont really understand why apple would agree to market the iphone with a mobile network who has the worst 3G coverage out of all of them.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
i totally agree with you. i'm just up the road from stafford and have no 3g coverage either. i've got one of nokias new n-series phones with all the bells and whistles which i cant utilise fully because my network provider lags woefully behind the other operators when it comes to coverage.

think it's been posted before but have a look at

Link: http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0,39024665,39170199,00.htm

doesn't make for good reading considering i've just signed up for another 18 months.

Think we all have to pull together, especially all those lucky new '3g' iphone users and raise this issue again and again with o2 customer services and here on these forums.

If anybody is browsing this post, please post a reply to support our 'BETTER o2 3g COVERAGE' quest!!!
Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. (I just posted my own iPhone 3G experience, so wont repeat it here).
Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sign me up. Bring on better coverage. I don't even have EDGE where I live.
Message 4 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm I wish Id read this before purchasing an iphone.

Im lucky, I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and have had great 3G coverage here (until today where I have no service at all but thats a glitch I hope) however, I work regularly in Telford and am very very disappointed to see I wont be connected while there. One of the reasons I got this phone and contract was to do just that, help while away the lonely nights in the Park House hotel!
Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live slap bang in the middle of central london and even here it's pretty shoddy. I can make phone calls ok and send texts but the rest of it is intermittent at best and unless I'm hooked up to a hotspot I don't even bother. The Iphone shows 3G in the top left hand corner but its just not fast enough, god knows what the 2G model was like. Shame as I like a bit of surfing on the train to work in the morning. Sort it out Apple/O2- wish I could lay the blame squarely at one of their doors but not sure its the network or the unit to be honest!
Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with both orange and vodafone and had great 3G coverage.So when I moved to O2 for the iPhone I knew I wasn't going to get 3G coverage.I upgraded to the new iPhone 3G last saturday and expected to get 3G as advertised.I live in ballymena,northern ireland and all I got was EDGE or GPRS when I wasn't at home using WI-FI.I went to my local O2 today to find out what was wrong.I thought the iphone wasn't set up right.This is where the fun starts.The idiot sales man said I would have to travel to belfast to get a 3G signal (30 miles Away!!!).This is the best bit.He said only Apple made the the claims about 3G and not O2.What!!!.They advertise and sell them.At the very least I could have been warned by O2 that they worked in the dark ages and I wouldn't get a 3G signal in my large town.How the hell did O2 get the contract with Apple anyway!!!
Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an interesting forum. Com on O2 - post a constructive and positive reply, the above is not looking good is it?
Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is an interesting forum. Com on O2 - post a constructive and positive reply, the above is not looking good is it?

O2 will not post here. Any complaints will not be read or dealt with here. Best to contact CS to enquire about the correct channels.
Message 9 of 27

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I have to agree O2 3g coverage is shockingly poor.

Im lucky as im able to use and see all the networks, but o2 has the poorest of coverage of 3g.

Over the last 6 months ive seen the coverage becoming more available in towns, but its very patchy. Where i live (In a town) i get no 3g or edge not on o2 any way. All the other networks i get 3g.

I was told the other day it was all down to licenses :mansurprised: . o2 are having to buy more.

This is wrong as they already have the 3g license. The reason for more License is regaridng network capability on another band

I hope that O2 pull there finger out fast and vastly improve on 3g in the next year.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 27