cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coverage in Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I, both 02 customers have been experiencing serious problems during the past 3 weeks or so with no signal, emergency calls only and we are unable to text from home, occasionally we can call but then the signal drops and we are disconnected.  We have spoken on many occasions eventually about a week or so ago 02 admitted there was a problem locally, however we have since contacted them for an update and are informed there is no problem in this area. Very conflicting advice and extremely frustrating - just read a comment about the mast  that was on the hospital building  that is going to be demolished so wonder if the problem will ever be resolved.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I doubt it, but take it up with O2 if you're not happy about it, we can't comment on why many things don't happen immediately.

I thought I'd answered that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have been experiencing issues in the area since the mast on the old outpatient building was decomissioned.  I see a temporary mast has been put up but is not live yet.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Residents-anger-temporary-phone-mast-Hartshill/story-17574917-d...

I am 5 weeks from the end of my contract but as the signal stands at the moment there's no point me waiting right until the end, so I've got my PAC all ready.

EE (Orange / T-Mobile) are the best in the area now.

Message 22 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

So O2 have provided a temp solution and the residents complain I wonder how many have an O2 mobile phone!!!

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

So O2 have provided a temp solution and the residents complain I wonder how many have an O2 mobile phone!!!

Probably most of them!! Admittedly the thing does look very ugly and you can't miss it but I would like my phone to work! Hopfully there will be an improvement in signal once this temporarymast is switched on, although it isn't in the ideal place.

What's also annoying at present is that a different nearby mast has become so overloaded that even when I do have signal the internet doesnt work at all (on GPRS).  e.g. when I am outside I pick up 2 bars of GPRS but can't even send an iMessage. 😞

Message 24 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I am interested in planning matters being a parish council chairman and looking at the planning application http://www.planning.stoke.gov.uk/dataonlineplanning/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeDoc... O2 tried to sort the issue by using a mast share etc with orange at the site.

lets hope the planning inspectorate allow the appeal and then O2 will remove the ugly temporary mast.

here is the link for the appeal http://www.pcs.planningportal.gov.uk/pcsportal/ViewCase.asp?caseid=2182076&coid=2116248

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Something has happened. Currently sitting by the hospital on Hilton Road (usually awful reception on 3g...now receiving 4g high speed internet! Yihaaaaaa.
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
...it's not a phone error either, as web pages are loading super fast.
Message 27 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Good to know slight_smile

Going off the date of the original thread it's been a long overdue improvement Weird

Message 28 of 28