cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member introduction

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi my name is Anne and I've just joined,I need some advice about my new upgrade,thanks.😃.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've upgraded to an iPad,but I'm not sure if I can still use my mobile number and my contract I'm on just now????
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146772 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Hi Anne and welcome.
You can use your contract sim but you get better deals by having a specific iPad sim.
You also won't be able to use your call and text allowance unless you download and use the Tugo app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5,I'm afraid that you will need to really simplify your advice for me,I have no idea what a tugo is??
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 124150 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I just want to say welcome to the forum Welcome...

I will leave the iPad experts to deal with your queries however wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPhone 4s which my husband gave me when he upgraded,and I'm on a monthly contract sim only I think,it gives me unlimited texts,02to 02 free calls,100 mins,and 100mb,all for £8.22 per month,if this is helpful for you to explain things to me????
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 146772 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Hi Annie. Tugo is an app from O2 that allows you to use your phone contract on devices that aren't phones.
You can download it here http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi cleorif,I'm really new to all of this forum stuff,it takes me ages to get the hang of things-getting old,lol.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh,and if I download that app onto my iPhone,will I still be able to use my phone,number and contract as I do now??
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 146772 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an iPhone 4s which my husband gave me when he upgraded,and I'm on a monthly contract sim only I think,it gives me unlimited texts,02to 02 free calls,100 mins,and 100mb,all for £8.22 per month,if this is helpful for you to explain things to me????

Actually 100mb of data will not go very far in an iPad - It will last you about 10 mins.....

O2 data sim options are here http://www.o2.co.uk/tablet-sims

If you intend to use it a lot you will need more data but it's wise to start on pay as you go at first to see what you need.

Message 10 of 14