cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pay and Go SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just upgraded my old HTC One X to a HTC One M8 through CarphoneWarehouse (for some reason they are £5-10 a month cheaper than O2 for the same deal for some reason), and was given a free Pay & Go SIM as part of the for my old phone.

So I open the package and start to follow the instructions, the Top-up card says 'Activate before use' in bold letters so I assume that's important.

I dial the number '248' get a short message followed by 'please key in the 19 figure number from the back of the card'.  Within seconds of taking the phone from my ear the message starts complaining that the number I entered is invalid and please do it again, I hadn't even had a chance to press a button yet.

It then does exactly the same after telling me to scratch off and key in the 5 digit number.

Has O2 ever heard of a pause?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sometimes deals can be better via he independents as they have different margins to work to and can pass on network spivs they earn for opening a contract / upgrading onto the customer.

The only time you'll need to perform a swapmysim is if the SIM card you have is the wrong size to fit in your new phone or your current sim is faulty somehow.

As you now have a nano sim you will need to follow the link.

Or pop into an O2 store and they will do this for you. After it takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours to fully settle.

You will need an account specific SIM card so a monthly one is required not a payg one. The one bundled is possibly to use in another phone or pass on to friends etc. A Payg sim is activated via it being inserted into a mobile phone and topped up.

Process is http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Sorry you had log issues with the forum.
Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
PS O2 Your damn forum username checker is broken, everything I keyed in the system said was already in use, including the one I eventually used.
I gave up trying to think of one and instead used a password generator site instead, and the system still said they were in use.
If you must use a system like this why not give clues as to what is available instead of just flashing up 'no'?
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sometimes deals can be better via he independents as they have different margins to work to and can pass on network spivs they earn for opening a contract / upgrading onto the customer.

The only time you'll need to perform a swapmysim is if the SIM card you have is the wrong size to fit in your new phone or your current sim is faulty somehow.

As you now have a nano sim you will need to follow the link.

Or pop into an O2 store and they will do this for you. After it takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours to fully settle.

You will need an account specific SIM card so a monthly one is required not a payg one. The one bundled is possibly to use in another phone or pass on to friends etc. A Payg sim is activated via it being inserted into a mobile phone and topped up.

Process is http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Sorry you had log issues with the forum.
Message 3 of 3