Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Mail Set-Up Problems

airsgian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I always have problems with outgoing mail server settings in Apple Mail. Normally, I can get things to work by changing the outgoing port, but this time, that is not working. No matter what I do, the outgoing server will not allow mail to be sent.

I have installed Mail on a new partition on my iMac and have copied the settings exactly from the working version that I have of Mail on an old partition.

Anyone have any idea as to what the issues are with Apple Mail and o2?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

I use Bt yahoo mail on my iPhone ,iPad Air and MacBook Air without issue apart from sometimes it lags in pushing the mail to me. Mine is set to pop3

O2 e mail is no longer functioning unless that person had broadband and was migrated to Sky.

Have you tried other mail applications from the App Store.
Message 2 of 6

airsgian
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Yes, I am one of those old o2 customers who migrated to Sky and who still has his existing o2 email account.

On this occasion, I have not tried another email client and am pretty sure that Outlook will work as this has been the case in the past. However, I am determined to use Mail as it should work.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I don't blame you.

As I say mine is sometimes a little glitchy and sometimes asks for my mail password even tho I know it's correct. I just dismiss the pop up box.

Good luck in your quest. slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

My Apple outgoing mail server is set to smtp.mail.me.com Security TLS Port 587 if it helps?

Message 5 of 6

airsgian
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, tried the settings you suggest, but think these are specific to .me.com accounts?

Message 6 of 6