cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 Customer and Not Happy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

I am a new O2 customer. I was looking on the O2 site and was going to place an order but got distracted so I didn't complete it. I received a call the following day from O2 asking why I had decided not to complete my order. I told him why I hadn't and he asked me if I would like to discuss a deal now, I said ok and he proceeded to offer me a Samsung Galaxy Mini S3 on a £21.50 a month tariff plus a £3 data bolt on. He said the phone was free. He explained the tariff came with 300 mins and unlimited texts but should I require more I could change the tariff at a later date to any of the tariffs listed on the Webster.

Well I got the phone and gave it to the wife but I decided to cancel my Vodafone contract and use the O2 sim that came with the phone. I ordered a Micro Sim for my iPhone and was really pleased with the reception in my are as Vodafone had always been very poor, hence the reason I left.

I then realised that as I was going to be using this contract as my main line that I would have to up the tariff to get some more minutes and data. I looked at the tariffs and decided that an unlimited tariff would be best for me and was very happy to pay the £36 per month.

I called customer services to do this but was informed that the tariff I had been put on originally was in fact a bonus tariff and that I only had a choice of three, with the top one being 600 mins and unlimited texts for £26 per month and for 1gb of data I would have to pay £10 per month. So that's £36 for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb of data! That in my opinion is a shocking deal and I was definitely not informed of this at the time of joining.

This deal is a lot more expensive than what I was paying before and I was getting a lot more for my money. I joined O2 in good faith, but overtime I have called customer services their attitude and willingness to help has been very disappointing to say the least. I want to UP my tariff, not downgrade it! You would have thought they would have been happy to help.

I have been told that had I not been a bonus tariff customer I could have any tariff I wanted, but I didn't ask to be a bonus customer. I think its very sad that O2 really couldn't care less and that the attitude is now they have me tied in for 24 months it is my problem and not their's.

I have tried e-mailing the complaints e-mail address 3 times but had no reply. I have written in to their complaints department also and no reply.

I'm sorry to go on I just think it's sad that O2 don't seem to care about their customers at all.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Nice one Pablo:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
This community is great. Have never used it before but everyone is so helpful. Thank you.
Message 12 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Don't forget to tell all your friends! Smiley LOL

Check out the daft stuff in "Off Topic" while you're here.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/bd-p/50

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 18

England_Rugby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I left Vodafone because they were dreadful - even lying about what they had promised. I've got no particular axe to grind, but I'd learn semaphore before going back to Vodafone!!
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I myself have had a bit of an issue with O2. I had signed up for the International Favourites and since I wasn't totally clear on the rules I decided to check in with the web chat who told me that I was entitled to 100 minutes on 3 mobile numbers which I needed to register and 3000 minutes on any landline number which I did not need to register. I thanked him and registered 3 mobile numbers as he indicated, feeling free to call landlines as I pleased.

My bill shot up (obviously) since I later found out that I did have to register the landlines. Despite the log of this guy clearly advising me to call any landlines I wanted, my credit request for this portion of the bill was declined, twice. This is quite a shame as I'm not sure what more I could do to defend myself for being misinformed.

Message 15 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If customer service have rejected your claims for repayment you could try an official complaint here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Once again web chat fails with misinformation!

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing thank you!!

Message 17 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Let us know how you get on. If you kept a copy of the webchat enclose it with your complaint.

Message 18 of 18