cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving - No Signal - Contract Advice

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. I'm hoping someone can advise me.

Next month I am moving to a small village in the South West that has no 02 signal. I spoke with both 02 customer services and the network coverage team for normal and 3G and both confirmed that the area I am moving to has no signal and there are no plans to correct this.

Unfortunately I only took my 24 month contract out in Nov 2009, so I still have 18 months left. I asked 02 if there was anything I could do about my contract but was told that me moving to a place with no signal wasnt their fault and there was nothing I could do. I can understand that it isnt there fault, but at the same time I'm not moving to the middle of nowhere, and both Orange and Vodaphone have full signals out there.

Can anyone advise anything? I use my mobile for business and cannot be without it. I also cannot afford to pay 19 x £45 to buy out of my contract!

Thanks in advance. CbS
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodafone have brought out sure signal which is a home repeater which plugs into your broadband router and gives you full 3g signal. Why is that so difficult for o2 to do????
Message 11 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Vodafone have brought out sure signal which is a home repeater which plugs into your broadband router and gives you full 3g signal. Why is that so difficult for o2 to do????

O2 tested these and they have a lot of problems, there are many complaints on the Vodafone web site.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94073 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
It's simply that they don't work too well. O2 have tested these as have other networks and are not in a position to market them until the technology improves.
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's cool guys. I appreciate the advice. Was just putting the feelers out in case someone had experienced the same and had some weird and wonderful advice.
I'm going to try a recommended 02 external 3G signal booster when I first move (about £80). Failing that I will have to suck it up and deal with it.
Cheers again.

So anyone know where i can find one of these then?

TIA
Message 14 of 14