cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsim on non iPhone 4 contract. Do it yourself!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to let everyone know: I've just spent a couple of infuriating days battling with O2 and the Carphone Warehouse. Basically I bought a used iPhone 4 and wanted to swap my standard sim for a micro sim. I have since learned that neither the Carphone Warehouse or O2 are prepared to do this as they want you to buy new iPhone 4s from them on a proper tariff.
The answer? Make your own micro sim.
Just google "cut microsim" and you'll find instructions online and on YouTube. I just cut my standard sim down with scissors and it works perfectly. I didn't even do that good a job!
What have I got? An iPhone 4 for £400 on eBay on a £14 a month sim only contract. Free web, calls and text. Magic.
Ignore any warnings and do it yourself. It's really easy.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyhoo folks. Moderators/users aside, I think this topic is kind of closed. O2 and the Carphone Warehouse are nothing to do with each other. The poor Carphone Warehouse can't change its computer systems to help its customers because "the computer says no" and O2 have no responsibility whatsoever to Carphone Warehouse customers as they "aren't on their system" even if for some mystical reason the O2 logo is used by the Carphone Warehouse on customers' phones screens.
The only point I want Carphone Warehouse customers to know is that they can avoid all of this bureaucracy by buying either a sim cutter or a pair of scissors and getting the service a paying customer deserves.
Message 21 of 21