cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any idea on what basis you are billed for MMS?

I have incurred additional charges for some messages and it appears it is because they contain emoticons. Some have one, some several, whilst others have emoticons and have not attracted a charge. It all seems a bit random. I don't mind paying if you know the rules you are playing with bit I can't work this out. On that basis I can't choose to pay or avoid being billed.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  welcome to the forum

The problem about texts being converted to MMS is a common one and recently had a lot of publicity on TV and in the press.... If you include emoticons in a text this will generally convert any SMS to MMS

Here are the guidelines showing how to avoid MMS charges.http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p/689503 

A normal SMS is 480 characters. If you go over that...or include smilies or emoticons then it will convert to MMS which incurs a hefty charge sadly.

We find people are tending to use apps such as whatsapp or messenger nowadays as an alternative to MMS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  welcome to the forum

The problem about texts being converted to MMS is a common one and recently had a lot of publicity on TV and in the press.... If you include emoticons in a text this will generally convert any SMS to MMS

Here are the guidelines showing how to avoid MMS charges.http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p/689503 

A normal SMS is 480 characters. If you go over that...or include smilies or emoticons then it will convert to MMS which incurs a hefty charge sadly.

We find people are tending to use apps such as whatsapp or messenger nowadays as an alternative to MMS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I quickly learned that lesson when I was on Three, but strangely enough, since I've moved back to O2 I no longer get the same problem.

Message 3 of 3