Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Just thought I would put this out there. 2 days ago I upgraded from my Lumia 735 to the 950. My 735 was running Windows 10 as are all my windows devices so I am a bit of a fan and very used to it. I have read many posts on various review sites etc saying that the 950 isnt all that good compared to Apple or IOS. I have to say that so far I have found it to be very good and in some ways better than my 735. It certainly has a better screen, doesnt suffer from the 735's ever fluctuating screen brightnes, is fast and the screen flows nicely with no stutter and evrything just works as I would expct it to. Particularly like th Iris scanning to unlock. V cool once you've got it all set up which I have to admit took a while! As I already have a One drive account all of my contacts, photos, music, settings all downloaded into the new phone in minutes making the set up a piece of cake. For anyone that has ben put off the 950 by the bad reviews dont be. Most off the reviews I've read were done in Nov/Dec last year before the firmaware update and current windows 10 update in the phone(im on the insider program and am running an even later update on my Windows tablet)

I have had both Android and IOS in the past before my 735 and to be quite honest in my opinion are no better and in some ways not as good as windows. Windows 10 is very good. OK there are not as many apps in the Windows app store but then ITunes and Google Play is full of apps that most of us will never need, use or even search for, so I cannot see what all the fuss is about. OK there are some social networking apps that you cannot get in Windows store but all the main ones are there and lets be frank how many social networks can you be a part of. Even BBC I player is now available for win.10.  So all in all I'm glad i didnt take much notice of the reviews as I have a rather good new 'phone that works well and does everything I need and want and more. It even has a good camerafor those occasional quick photos. Go on have a look at it you wont be disapointed

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually stuck my name down for try the tech to give the band one a go, would be nice to see what its like before I fork out any cash for it.

Message 11 of 21

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
app gap... yeah if your 12 slight_smile
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 12 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Really good to hear your thoughts on the Lumia 950 @jezza1234 Thanks for sharing wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:
app gap... yeah if your 12 slight_smile

Even when I had an iPhone, my friends always found it amusing at how few apps I'd actually downloaded. For me it's more about the camera than anything else. I doubt that I'll ever need to expand the memory, that's for sure.

Message 14 of 21

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
yeah go for it
Message 15 of 21

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
yeah I'm up for that
Message 16 of 21

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
Just as little update. Microsoft has just pushed out an upgrade to Win 10(My Surfaces and 950 all received it). its seems to have solved the much reported phone getting hot issue. doesn't seem to do it as much now. Which is a bonuis
Message 17 of 21

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
My didn't really suffer much for that anyway. I've got mine to auto update now, so I only notice when the notification tray tells me it's been updated lol.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 18 of 21

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

If you haven't already, do it. I have and its great. You will read reviews about cracking straps and it not working with Cortana and txt on the 950. The strap issue has been addressed apparantly by new material and there has been an update to W10 M in the last few days that has addressed the txt and cortana issue on the 950. All is V good now. Exceptionally good device and im really pleased with mine!

Message 19 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144520 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21