Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Communication

EK004004
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Upon reviewing my account this week, I was surprised to discover that my contract had ended several months ago without any notification. Additionally, I was not given the opportunity to explore better deals or options for renewal. This lack of communication has left me feeling disheartened as a long-standing customer.

Furthermore, I recently became aware that new O2 SIM card holders are currently enjoying significantly lower rates, approximately 60% less than what I have been paying over the past two years. Despite having similar services, the substantial pricing difference is quite disconcerting.

I believe in fair and transparent business practices, and this situation appears to fall short of those expectations. I would appreciate it if you could provide a reasonable explanation for the lack of notification about my contract expiration and the substantial pricing difference between existing and new customers.

I look forward to your prompt attention to this issue and a timely resolution.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6605 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Sorry to say that this is a Community Forum made up of customers similar to yourself. Nobody from O2 will read your post here

Suggest you write a formal complaint

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@EK004004 

This might be relevant :-

Are you in or out of contract? - Ofcom

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/in-or-o...

I believe that O2 sidestep this by getting you to sign an ongoing permanent contract until you give them notice that you want to cancel. You also have a minimum term therein with a price set for the minimum term period (subject to annual RPI-type adjustments).

Hence, I believe that O2 are likely to respond to your complaint by saying that your contract had not ended.    

Message 3 of 3