cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to actually achieve some direct contact with the Complaints review service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can anyone advise how it might be possible to achieve some direct contact with the complaints Review service in Leeds.

I ask because in early May of this year I raised a complaint with O2 over the fact that i had received an unsolicited call from O2 sales – some four weeks prior to the end of my 24 month contract. During this call I was subjected to a sustained attempt to have me accept a new phone and new contract. I found the delivery of the sales pitch stressful and intimidating and I suffered a period of harassment lasting some 20 minutes or so with the salesperson even trying to contact me after I had switched off my phone.

If this wasn’t bad enough I then found out a couple of weeks later that in fact I had been moved onto a new 12 month contract  - that I had neither agreed to or was aware of. When I contacted O2 to complain I was accused of having entered a store in LONDON where I had agreed and signed up to the current tariff, and that if I wished to leave I would incur a penalty for the early termination of my contract.

Having outlined the problem I was assured that the matter could be quickly and easily resolved.  Ha Ha Ha [ laughs out loudly]

In the intervening period I have had numerous exchanges [telephone calls and web-chats] with O2 but not the actual Complaints Review service staff. One of the main problems being that it appears only possible to have direct contact with someone at O2 via the web chat or over the phone, and that you never get beyond them. Each time you ring the call handler, they have to attempt to review your case notes and read through your previous contacts – they go through a set process of apologizing and trying to mollify you. When they find this doesn’t work they go off line to speak to a manager. They return saying that a manager from the complaints escalation team or complaints Team will ring you back

To date I must have had at least 5 or 6 such promises and no one has ever contacted me.

I have received emails from the Mycare team but they come via unmonitored system so you cannot establish a conversation with them using these, as no one at O2 ‘s end will be reading your reply or if you try you receive a message saying you need to contact them using the general contact form available on the web site.

Yesterday having already raised my complaint with the Ombudsman Service Communications  and nearing the end of the 8 week mediation period I contacted O2 yet again as they had ignored my three previous requests to provide me with a Deadlock letter and copies of the transcripts of my extensive contact with them over this matter.

I was shocked [NOT] to be told that O2 considered the matter to be resolved and that my complaint and case had been closed. I was then advised to email the customer complaints review team again and today picked up their reply advising a possible further 7 day wait for a response.

Full circle, 8 weeks of endless hours of conversations on the phone and via web chat all a complete waste of time and energy   

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's now Saturday morning and yet another undertaking to have someone from O2 complaints service make contact with me has evaporated into an empty promise.

I believe that will be the seventh time I have been told someone will contact me via my mobile and I have yet to see it happen.

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The email address given is quite correct, however I used to work for O2 and you did not go into a store. It is an outbound call centre that logs the sales through O2 retail store. The sales adviser could be found and the call listened to, if it was recorded. Remember that calls may be recorded for quality and training, but the best advise would be to email complaintreviewservice@o2.com if your escalation is not being handled by voice customer service, which would be your standard point of contact.
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just remembered, Tottenham Court Road!!
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that you still haven't been contacted, wwwadd. I'll escalate again.
Message 14 of 14