How do I register my age with O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need it to access a particular website! :s
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the website is showing as blocked/restricted you actually have to go into an O2 shop and take ID with you and O2 can remove the block to give you unrestricted access to the internet. Even though O2 have your DOB recorded if your on contract you still need to go into a store. If they are for whatever reason unsure how to do this they need to use the "Shield" system to remove the block.

Due to child protection 'stuff' all phones on O2 are automatically restricted to prevent access to inappropriate websites, instead you can only access pre-approved websites which means harmless websites can be blocked.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the website is showing as blocked/restricted you actually have to go into an O2 shop and take ID with you and O2 can remove the block to give you unrestricted access to the internet. Even though O2 have your DOB recorded if your on contract you still need to go into a store. If they are for whatever reason unsure how to do this they need to use the "Shield" system to remove the block.
Due to child protection 'stuff' all phones on O2 are automatically restricted to prevent access to inappropriate websites, instead you can only access pre-approved websites which means harmless websites can be blocked.

You don't physically need to go to a store if you don't want to. Customer services can process a form which will have the restriction lifted for you. If you have an iphone call 2302, anything else call 202.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to get a lot of customers coming in saying they've been told to come in by CS so that we can use our system to lift the restriction as CS can't do it.

Whether they can or can't I don't know for sure but aparently customers are meant to go into a store.
Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 313 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
https://ageverification.o2.co.uk/ if you have a credit card

explains it here Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... e=obj(8855) If the link fails as usual for support here is the text or try this tiny url http://tinyurl.com/ycr4gjw
About age verification
To protect children and young people, some types of content are classified by the mobile industry as suitable only for people aged 18 or over. You will need to verify your age in order to gain access to such content.
If 'Parental Control' is activated on your mobile and you don't want it anymore, you’ll need your PIN to remove it. If you don't have the PIN that you set-up on activation, you'll need to verify that you're over 18. You can do this either via WAP/WEB, by visiting an O2 store or by contacting Customer Service using the 'Email us' or 'Call us' link below.
This is necessary to ensure that children and young people are only allowed to access WAP/WEB content, which is suitable for all ages.
To verify your age at an O2 store, you'll require official documentation such as a passport or a photocard driving licence. To verify your age remotely, you'll be asked to enter the following details:
Initials

Postcode

Credit card details

Email address
We need to confirm that your card is valid and that you are who you say you are and, for this reason, £1 will be debited in order to process this. This can be paid for with a credit card that is registered to yourself. Once this transaction is complete we will reimburse you with £2.50 on your Pay Monthly account or to your Pay & Go credit.

Related Links
Child Protection website
Age Verification
Parental Control
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats great to hear they've put the process online, but if it doesn't work then you'd need to come to an O2 shop rather than CS.

I would guess that CS may be filling out this form on the customers behalf to provide a good service because CS don't have direct access to the "shield" system that retail use to lift the restriction.

Thanks for the clarification.
Message 6 of 6