Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up there could be a new payg telephone scam

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I ordered a payg mobile broadband sim for the ttt dongle as my simonly sim ended last week On sunday online

Since monday had 5 numbers all calling saying they are o2 just come off the phone from c/s and they confirm the numbers calling me are not o2.I rang back the landline numbers and all claimed to be from o2 payg team. (now added to block list)

I will not publish the numbers on here but they are all from geographical numbers and not shortcode or regular 0300 0844 etc.

I will post further If I here back from o2.

Just be carefull guys a  new wave of callers and o2 just confirmed my marketing is set to no calls etc.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Give them someone else's number..... anyone you don't like ? tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Give them someone else's number..... anyone you don't like ? tongue

What a good idea...I have a few who would fit into that category....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 29

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Just be careful who you choose slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I think I will wait until Amazon give me an answer about his current device. As it is... if the nearly new devices are locked to O2...I wont be buying one...so that will be the spam calls avoided.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 29

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Well Apple should sort it either way - you might even get lucky and have 2 wink
Message 25 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Well Apple should sort it either way - you might even get lucky and have 2 wink

I know this is taking this off topic from the OP...but how would Apple sort it? It was bought from a damn good well recommended Amazon marketplace seller. Brand new sim free and is only 7 months old. Sadly that seller no longer trades with Amazon.... It came with a 2 year warranty. (which I presumed was the sellers warranty and nothing to do with Apple (as they only give a one year warranty)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 29

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
As it's only 7 months old it will be covered by Apples warranty.
If you get a new one off Amazon, just give me the old broken one wink
Message 27 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As it's only 7 months old it will be covered by Apples warranty.
If you get a new one off Amazon, just give  sell me the old broken one wink

I have corrected that for you......Actually it wont be a new phone from Amazon....that particular model (just before release of the iPhone 7) has gone up to £550-600.  I understand from Amazons Buyer/Seller guarantee dept who I spoke to this morning.... that they will probably issue me with a refund.... Whistle

Now I have no idea whether they will ask for the phone back.....but I doubt it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 29

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
I chose my wording very carefully wink
Message 29 of 29