cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Bar a Number?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me here as I have struggled with o2 customer services this afternoon. I need to know if it's possible to bar a number from calling you, I'm sure there must be a way of doing this....

I am being constantly harassed by an ex, average 20+ calls a day, 30+ texts and it's driving me insane. I don't want to change my number as I've had it for years, but I want to be able to bar his number so he cannot contact me, by phone at least.

Help Please! :robotsad:
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid this is only possible if your handset supports it, what phone do you have?

Love the username BTW x
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much for your reply. I've got an iPhone 3GS.

Have been called Sally Cinnamon for years being a Mancunian!
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not available on an iphone!
Message 4 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Hi Sally this is harassment and is illegal, I suggest you inform this person that you will contact the police if they continue and then do it.

I think a call from them should do the trick, you must make it clear that you want to make a formal complaint.

Keep records of when and how often to show them, also O2 have a Nuisance Calls Bureau that should be able to help.

You do not have to put up with this.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much for your reply. I've got an iPhone 3GS.
Have been called Sally Cinnamon for years being a Mancunian!

Well hello fellow Manc!

As Brendan says there isn't a way to do it on the Iphone. You can report him to the nuisance call bureau through O2, or even report it to the police, a quiet word from them might shut him up.

"Sent to me from heaven...." Off to pop Stone Roses on now. grin
Message 6 of 16

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Snap! grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Snap! grin

You're getting faster. grin
Message 8 of 16

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Hey, I've been in training!

Still can't figure out how I've got such a thick head today? wink

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, I have kept all txts / voicemails etc... as evidence. But have just received yet another saying he's going to harm himself if I don't return his call, so I am going to go to the police in the morning.

But it looks like I am gonna have to change my number... I'm confused that barring is dependant on your handset though, but maybe that's just cos I am a girl! 😐

How do I access the Nuisance Calls Bureau?
Message 10 of 16