cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's just me, but there seems to be almost a mountain of posts/threads about bad customer service from O2?  ...I'd like to break the mould and post some recent GOOD customer service I've received.

It's not a short post - so pop the kettle on and bear in mind that I do not (nor ever have) worked for O2 or anyone linked with them. Popcorn

Following the recent iOS 7.1 update, my iPhone 5 decided to do the opposite of what the fixes were for in relation to the random rebooting.  (i.e. not had an issue in 18 months until installing the new update, then rebooting once every few minutes - even during texting and phone calls).  Frustrating enough for anyone, but even more so for me as my wife and I use our phones to text as our main point of communication most days due to her disabilities and cognitive issues, (she has Severe ME among other things) - so it's even more important that I have a fully functioning phone 24/7  365.

I'd already done the usual troubleshooting measures before ringing Customer Service (so the hard reset, a restore through iTunes to reset to a new phone, and a recovery restore for a total wipe, and yet still having the same random reboot issues - even with only the stock software on my recently restored handset.  ...Anyway, explained my issues and I was initially greeted with "Apple only have a 1yr warranty" (I took our contracts out in Sept 2012), "will need to be sent away for a chargeable repair, or you'll need to take it to an Apple store" - until I explained that I couldn't get to our local (30 miles away) Apple store due to no transport nor could I leave my wife as I am her primary carer. And I wasn't prepared to pay for a "repair" that was out of my control due to software.

To cut a long story short, after I explained the Sale of Good Act (1979) and the EC Directive 199, Customer Service agreed to send me a free refurb iPhone 5 (to the same spec as mine) - on a exchange on delivery basis - by courier, and credit my account with £20 to cover a cheap handset and a £10 top-up new SIM so I can stay in communication with my wife. This resolution does not interfere with our upgrades in August (even though we will be moving to Android handsets then  :smileyhappy:).

Even though the team processing the replacement order made a mistake which I was unaware of until after 5pm yesterday which meant it couldn't be sorted for delivery today (they arranged to send the refurb to my old address rather than my new one - which means the new handset I won't get until tomorrow) - they were completely up front and apologetic for the mistake and for the initial advisors being unable to offer final resolution (being an ex-Customer Service Manager I can appreciate that advisors can not always resolve queries in the first instance as the "slack" they are given is not always sufficent).

It's the same with any company who provide any sort of product or service to anyone. There are always teams or individuals who can (and will) help - it's just locating them and speaking to every member of staff along the way in a way you'd like to be spoken to yourself.  Let's face it, it's not their direct fault you may be having issues...

So to balance out the negative threads and posts, here's a positive one to balance out the karma.  Handshake

Let's hope it all goes without a glitch tomorrow, as I recovery restore my existing handset ready for the exchange.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Really nice to hear of your experiences with your local O2 shop.

Just goes to show that A smile costs nothing and can mean everything.

slight_smile
Message 11 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

BoB, a smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight = not one of my sayings = just one of the 'motto/quotes' of the day, on my once a day tear off calendar XXXXX Cat HappyCat Dance

Message 12 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is good to hear there are more good experiences out there! Bouncy

With the exceptions mentioned in this thread, I wonder how many compliments go unreported to O2 - compared to the complaints (which must be a good few, they have their own department)?

I'm up, and waiting with baited breath by the front door today.  Seems I can't track the delivery online (like I could yesterday) - will update you all when I have one slight_smile

Message 13 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

BoB, what does your foreign quote mean & what language is it please? 

my family .....? Cat Happy Cat :womanhappy:

Message 14 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
My family is my life.

Latin.
Message 15 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Family Is My Life = that is a good one ..... my old Grammar school motto was Possum si Vollo ( I Will if I Can) .....I thought it sounded latin as in latin america type of language, but pleased its classical latin ..... I did latin in 2nd year at CGS (Castleford Grammar School) to support my very poor English Language (English Literature I was good at) ..... I did not do the subject to GCE O level exam standard due to curriculum timetable clashing with other subjects I wanted to do more than latin, but if timetable had allowed I would like to have studied latin more because it did what the my 1st form English Language teachers wanted for me = improved my EL a bit ..... their choice to put me in latin class = German 1st year at CGS then either Latin or French ..... I found latin a logical language to study I think & I took to it quietly in my own way, I most certainly enjoyed it 

Happy Day to You XXX Cat Happy Cat Dance Cheers 

Message 16 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
My how a situation can change depending on who you talk too!

Turns out the people I spoke to yesterday didn't do what they were supposed too, and the delivery is sat in the courier's depot 30 miles away with no communication to them from O2. Still O2 have said they will do what they said yesterday (and the day before) and I'll have the handset tomorrow. We'll see...

However the customer service I had to experience today was quite the opposite from my original post.

Still these things happen, but I do feel I'll have to make an official complaint over the errors and the opinion I gained today that O2 don't actually care if I (and the other 3 accounts) leave and were quite happy for me to pay the outstanding amounts to end my contracts.

Hey Ho!

Now actively looking to switch networks unless my complaint can be resolved.
Message 17 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94140 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You've experienced both sides now of customer service and typifies the difference between the qualities of identically trained agents dealing with your queries. Such is human fraility slight_frown

Message 18 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149674 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28519 Solutions
CS should be consistent across the company but it does, sadly, seem to be down to "who answers the phone" that dictates how good a service you get....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 19 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their is an official complaint procedure for O2.

I suggest you follow that and then escalate this further if you so wish.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Or speak to @Toby who is O2 site staff via PM.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444

Message 20 of 47