cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Billiing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, this is a bit long, but I'd like to offer this case as warning to other customers.

We used to have a business phone account, with three family members using it, SIM only. On the 19th May 2014, we went to an O2 store to swap to three individual accounts. The store assured us that they
would take care of everything. We had three new SIM, with temporary numbers. We then transferred the
numbers, from the old account to the new accounts. I believe we made it clear during the phone
conversation, we were moving to personal accounts. I had wondered for some time why our bill was so high,
but never got round to investigate, until I mentioned it to my daughter and the mistake was relieved. We did try to contact O2, but as it had been a business account, we had to call Mon-Fri 9-5. I've only had time to do it now, as I'm off ill from work. It transpired that all the bills are in fact personal accounts. I have now spent some time talking to O2 and they have informed me that it was my responsibility to cancel. This is contrary to what we were told in store and I believe it would have been obvious during our call to transfer the numbers to the new SIM's. I'm sure they'll have a recording of the call on their system. They have refused, point blank to
refund anything, hence my complaint. We have now been paying an additional bill for an account we have
no numbers for. This over charge is currently in excess of £1,200.00.

You have been warned!

Message 1 of 40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It s your responsibility to cancel, o2 won't cancel for you, you have obviously gone past the minimum terms & on a 30 day rolling contract.

You need contact o2 & pay up or if you wish to complain then use the link provided 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Did you ever check your accounts via My O2? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I can't understand why you have 'no numbers' for the accounts you are talking about?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

It s your responsibility to cancel, o2 won't cancel for you, you have obviously gone past the minimum terms & on a 30 day rolling contract.

You need contact o2 & pay up or if you wish to complain then use the link provided 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 40

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Surely when you transferred the numbers the old accounts would close?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair point, but I was told in store they would do it. Secondly, the old business account was closed/is closed, so they clearly got the message. What we have are three new individual accounts, plus a group account, for the same sum as the the old business account, but no numbers. Confussed? I know I am.

Message 5 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. Clearly I shouldn't have let it go this far, but as a business account, hanging on the phone for an hour at work wasn't an option. It's not worth losing my job over. Besides, I starting thinking of it as not lost, but a saving I'd get back ,when they realised their mistake. Clearly, I was wrong! They know they are wrong, but insist they aren't.

Message 6 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

The business account did close, but they opened up a new account for the same fee, plus the new accounts.

To be honest, it was a new sails girl in the store that handled it and she got in such a mess that another sales guy took over. I suspect this was the problem, but apparently I'm responsible?

Wierd!

I don't mind anyone making a mistake, but I hate it when they do nothing about it!

Message 7 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't you know the numbers or are they still active on the sim 

you will need to perservere with cs 

Message 8 of 40

jonsie
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

If you transfer a number from a current contract it automatically closes the account and a final bill should be issued. I really don't understand how you can be billed for an account with no number. Possibly they just transferred the accounts to the new sims and they carried on a rolling contract. If that was the case you would have new contracts with the new numbers assigned.

Message 9 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
If there are any number, I don't know what they are. They may have been the original numbers for the new SIM's, before they moved the old number across, but I'm only guessing. We don't have them now.
Message 10 of 40