cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't try and Change Payment Dates!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodness me. I'm a pay monthly customer for 18 months. Last month when I received my bill I needed to change my payment date and rang 202, gave them the new date, which in fact, was only 8 days later and was told all was well. The existing bill was on hold for 8 days and the direct debit would be applied then.

That was until yesterday when I received a default notice. It seems that the direct debit had not been collected because of the bank holiday?  So I called 202 again and was met with a very aggressive customer service person who told me default notices are automatically issued to bad payers!!! When I pointed out that it was they who had not appled the debit and I had changed my payment date I was told it wasn't possible for the date to be changed or the direct debit not to be collected. He demanded I pay the outstanding amount instantly. I said I just needed to double check with online banking that it hadn't been paid and if that was the case I would pay immediately on line.

He rang me back immediately and again demanded immediate payment, so I just rang off. Needless to say as soon as I checked online banking I paid online.

It's unfortunate I still have a way to go on my contract because with this treatment I would be out. The service since the new year at home has been crap anyway. Lucky to get 3G indoors and of course 4G is just a laugh!!!

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

We have had people who have changed direct debit payment dates but because it's been so close it's affected the change.

If you want to make an official complaint about the agent then here is the link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Please don't let this one off experience put you off what I assume has been a good experience with O2 and the service it provides you.
Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

We have had people who have changed direct debit payment dates but because it's been so close it's affected the change.

If you want to make an official complaint about the agent then here is the link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Please don't let this one off experience put you off what I assume has been a good experience with O2 and the service it provides you.
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right, I should do really but I don't know if it's worth the effort. Nothing will change at the end of the day. The service will remain the same.

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Of course it's up to you and I'm not saying you should.

Perhaps take a while to let things settle and go from there.

Knee jerk reaction is to move networks sometimes after a bad experience. Take into account I assume you have good signal and also up to this point payments via direct debit have been fine.

The Cs agents should be courteous at all times but as we are all human people do revert to type when under stress etc. I'm not making excuses for the agent in anyway.
Message 4 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Plese call to confirm your account is up to date now as we hear too many horror stories regarding late payments and phones getting cut off etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I will certainly wait to make any complaints. However, as I said in my post the signal has been crap here for months. No chance of any decent data download. As I'm at home that's not really a problem as I'm on wifi but it is a problem if someone sends an MMS. They don't download.

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
A Self help thread ; http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Check your full postcode here to see if issues are evident with your masts http://status.o2.co.uk

Also if possible switching to 2G in the phones data settings may help. Ie turn off 3G if your phones settings allow that.

Have a look at Tugo from O2.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a Nexus 5. 2G setting is not available. Have  Tu Go but that d

@Anonymous wrote:
Also if possible switching to 2G in the phones data settings may help. Ie turn off 3G if your phones settings allow that.

Have a look at Tugo from O2.

oesn't receive MMS at all.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops! Messed the last message slightly. Sorry.

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you thought about using what's app or viber but the other parties need this downloaded too or e mail.

A lot more cheaper than mms.
Message 10 of 17