cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty applying free 6 months of Disney+ to preexisting account.

tdavison569
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’m not sure if it’s because I bought my original subscription through iTunes but it seems to be impossible to properly redeem my 6 months free Disney plus offer. After selecting the offer, I received an email, I clicked on the link in the email and logged into my Disney+ account, and rather than bringing me to the page where the activation code is automatically entered, it brings me to a page that simply says “Enjoy endless entertainment, download our iOS App to start streaming”. I have no idea whether or not those six months have been applied and looking at my subscription on the App Store, it says that my subscription will end in March 2022. I bought 12 months in March 2021 so this would tell me that the six months haven’t been applied. When I press ‘manage subscription’ the Disney+ app asks me to log into my O2 account, yet once I do, I can’t see anything related to the disney subscription.

It’s all just very confusing and I’d appreciate any help. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @tdavison569 

If I am reading your post correctly, you already have Disney if you bought 12 months in March 21?

If that's the case then you won't be able to apply the free Disney as you already have it. You aren't allowed to piggyback 2 lots of Disney.

I'm not sure whether you were intending to cancel your 12month subscription and then run 6 months free OR extend your 12 months to 18months. If it's the latter then you can't do it. It has to be activated within 28 days ie: If your current subscription has longer to run, you cannot piggy-back to extend it

You would need to use a different email address to register a new subscription

All information in our guide here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

tdavison569
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's so annoying😭 I thought I read somewhere that it could be added to an existing membership...

If that's not true and I can't just add it on to my membership, would it be possible to trade my Extra for another one seeing as I haven't redeemed it??

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@tdavison569 

The only way to find out is by calling customer services.

All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4