cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problem for three months and still not resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable
After upgrading three phones in May, myself and my Daughter upgraded our data tariff, I went from 500mb to 6gb, and my Daughter, 500mb to 1gb. The problem started when she got down to using 500mb, the data just wouldn't work even though she had 1gb. I've phoned 02 many times, visited three shops and just keep on getting fobbed off by 02. The boiling point came when I called 02, spoke to a woman who said she would raise a case, and that some one would be in touch within five days, that should have been on Thursday just gone, no one called me, and when I contacted 02 nobody had the foggiest what I was on about, apparently the woman hadn't raised a case. They passed it on to some one else and to be honest, I'm not sure who!!! I'm just so angry that this incompetent woman lied to me, should I write to 02 to report this???
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your best option now would be to make a complaint 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Resolver seems to get good results 

https://www.resolver.co.uk

Good luck and let us know what happens. 

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, definitely report it officially with the complaints process. At least that way you know someone is doing something to help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Is it possible that the case filed has been made for your Daughter's account rather than yours? You don't say whether each of you have individual MyO2 accounts, or if, as is often the case, many phones in a household are bundled into a single MyO2 account.

Just a thought - as I know every contact appears to be logged by O2, but whether it's logged by account number (at the top right of your bill) or by the phone number, I am not sure.

Have you tried using the O2 Social Media team for support? You can get through to them on Twitter, to @O2, and on Facebook (no idea what O2's Facebook id is, I'm not into that social media platform).

Certainly if you've exhausted all avenues of support, following the advice further down this thread about making a complaint seems to be in order, and the Resolver.co.uk system seems to be a pretty good interface for keeping all the correspondence pertaining to your issue in one place.

Good luck getting it resolved.Handshake

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you jonsie, on Thursday I was absolutely livid, I was shouting and getting proper angry, probably made a right idiot of myself😁 They did pass me on to someone else, but I've no idea who, and he added another 1GB of data to her phone and told me he would ring me back on Tuesday!!! Hopefully I'll be a lot calmer, so will know who he is!!!
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi pgn, thanks for your reply!! Yes, all four of our phones are registered in my name!! As I said, I got passed onto a bloke who I have no idea who he is!!! It's just the fact the woman lied to me that makes my blood boil!!! And yes, I might take a look st their Facebook page! Thanks again 😊
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well I hope he calls you back and you get it sorted. The 1GB gesture will help but obviously you don't want this happening again after the next billing period. 

I would still log the complaint so that everything is documented and you have it as proof and in case you need to refer to it. 

It's not really a difficult problem to fix, it just needs someone to take ownership and follow it through until it's resolved to your satisfaction.

Good luck and do let us know how it goes. 

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick update here. Still waiting for the call from the resolution manager!!! Don't know if it's resolved yet as we've got that much data it's hard to run it down!! If I don't hear from 02 soon, then I've got my complaints email already stored in draft😏 Honestly, I've never known shocking customer service, especially as I pay around £150 per month with 02, for four mobiles😞
Message 8 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Sorry to hear about your issue. If you haven't received your callback by the end of tomorrow give me a shout and I'll chase it up my end wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you 😊 I've just contacted the live chat peeps, and they told me there's nothing on the screen about my interactions with this Trevor dude!! Probably data protection!!! I don't know!!! It's seriously cheesing me off now though😞
Message 10 of 11