Did you mean: 

Data Roaming outside EU/O2 Travel country charges

AD666
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2

hey, wanted to make a suggestion regarding data charges outside the EU or O2 travel countries.

I just moved over from EE to O2. At the moment, when you roam with O2 outside EU/O2 Travel countries, data costs £7.20 per MB which means customers can end up with large bills simply by turning on their phones when they land and data being used in the background to download emails etc. EE on the other hand restricted data use when roaming, by ensuring their customers had to buy a data package to use data, which meant that customers didn't inadvertently rack up large bills unknowingly.

Is it possible to suggest to O2 to move to this kind of pricing for data when roaming or at least give customers the ability to turn off being charged per MB of data when roaming which is incredibly expensive? Simply downloading an email with a 2MB attachment will cost £15. (I appreciate one can turn off data roaming on the handset, but its hassle to remember to do this each time).

thanks

Aroon

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 779 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Good afternoon @AD666 

Thanks for your post and I will certainly get your comments passed on, however at the moment as suggested, the best course of action to avoid any charges, would be to turn off data roaming on your device before roaming.

Hope you're having a pleasant Monday 😊

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 2 of 3

AD666
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great thanks very much

Aroon

Message 3 of 3