cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Checks, Are they saved

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently went into an o2 store (June 24th) hoping to setup a new iPhone contract. The credit check was approved but you asked for an extra Deposit. Unfortunately i did not have money on me at that time so couldnt proceed and had to leave . I also tried a few other networks. The problem is my credit record is now showing a large volume of credit checks on one day so most automated systems are instantly declining me right now.

Ive now been payed and was wondering, if i walked into a store when they get new stock and tries to re setup the contract. Would a new credit check be done (And ultimately result in me failing as the automated system would decline me) or is my past attempt saved on record where i was approved with a deposit.

Basicly i want to know could i go back into the store in a few weeks and take out the contract and pay the deposit to get the new phone, or would i have to redo the application and fail due to the number of credit checks in a short period.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The way the credit checks work is on how many applications have been made over 3 months it is an accumulation and is due to the points based system we use in the uk, totally unfair what also may be true is if u make multiple applications in one day although the system setup is not designed to infringe upon a persons consumer rights. The fact they asked for a deposit is due to the score you received during your credit check. It is a deposit which is usually returned after 3 or 6 months. If you were an existing customer and had used a credit or debit card there usually is no need for a credit check as you would already be a verified user.

Good luck mate
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you passed the check with 02 it should stay on there system for around 28 days. I upgraded yesterday and i am a existing customer and the did a credit check I can understand it with it been a expensive handset.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was an existing PAYG customer so i needed to go through the check. I understood the need for the deposit and she explained it gets payed back. I simply didint have that amount on me (Todays payday, damn iPhone release a day before pay :'(] Basicly i want to know could i walk into a store today and pay the deposit(Which was yesterdays offer after my original credit check) for the contract. Or would they redo the credit check again (Meaning they would see my credit check from yesterday and Auto Deline due to volume)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The credit check is saved for 30 days. slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The only credit check I've had with O2 was when I got my XDA Exec years ago. I've always made my payments on time and upgraded at the end of each contract. I've not had another credit check from O2 in all the time I've been with them. Once you're a verified customer, and as long as your account is in good standing, they don't seem to credit score you again. It's one of a small number of reasons why I've stuck with them.
Message 6 of 6