cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled before Ive even started!

Anonymous
Not applicable
The following story defies belief...
I ordered an Iphone 4S last week, was due delivery on Tuesday 13th. It appears the courier that o2 use YODEL have either delivered it to the wrong address and dont want to admit it or have just plain stolen it. As at 4:31pm my 7 month pregnant girlfriend apparently turn into a man named MARTIN! She had waited all day keeping watch out the window in our front room with my 2 1/2 year old son.
She paid so much attention that she even noticed that at approximately 1:45pm one of their vans came down our street and delivered to a house just up the road. But expecting him to then come to our house, he did not. So then why would my parcel not have been delivered at the same time but instead apparently at 4:31pm??
Have complained about this, been promised investigations, etc. But when I was expecting the phone Tuesday and its now Saturday, I got so fed up that I have completely cancelled.
o2 if you want customers you need to stop using a company that every single review site from trustpilot to reviewcentre and even the amazon website all rate them as the worst delivery company with instances like this happening on a regular basis!!
Sorry but Yodel have lost you a customer and im sure im not the only one either!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Loads of post on here over the year re Yodel.
I think O2 are in a contract with them - can't see any other reason for them staying.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
My sister had a very different experience. She also ordered an iPhone 4s from O2. They could not confirm the delivery date at the time that the order was placed. A few days later she received a text to say that the handset would be delivered the following day. The next day she had a text from the delivery company to say that they would deliver between 1500-1600.
However in this case O2 didn't use "Yodel" they used DPD.
Alex
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I was pretty nervous when I heard my phone was coming via 'Yodel'. Luckily it arrived but there are loads of complaints about them online.
They are basically a renamed DHL in disguise. :womanindifferent:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep they're aren't reliable in my opinion. I feel using local people rather than registered delivery drivers is a cheap skate way to do things.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I think I need to really really point out how I have now changed my mind about o2 too.
At 6:24:26pm EST on March 16th 2012, I spoke to IAN on their live chat and tried to explain the situation. Bearing in mind I ordered this phone on the 8th. He didnt seem at all bothered that clearly the delivery driver had either delivered it wrong or stolen it, either way he was lying about it. He informed me that *I* would have to contact their fraud team... um why?
So I said ive had enough of all of this, I wish to cancel as of immediately. I have no phone, no sim, therefor you have provided nothing, ive waited 8 days and im no further along and I have a 14 day right to cancel regardless. He agreed to cancel it for me (I have the full transcript) and I asked if it was all done, he asked if their was anything else and told me to refuse the delivery (clearly he didnt listen)
Then on sunday I get contacted again. Guess what... Im told its not been cancelled at all and there is not even a note on there!!!
And to make matters worse, today ive been asked by o2 to provide them a proof of my ID and signature to investigate into the missing iphone 4s! Im livid as where I was working the day that the driver claims to have delivered to my house, had CCTV which clearly proves where I was all day as well as several witnesses.
Im not willing to be accused when it was me who called in the failed delivery within half an hour of seeing it had been signed for to complain!!! Ive asked them to just get the police involved as I think this is all ridiculous!
I will not be using Yodel ever again, but now I will also never be using o2
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that, I found the Yodel service to be pretty shabby too. I hope O2 are reading this.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
They dont hardly use these forums, its customer to customer forum
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
From my experience, and especially if there's an issue with delivery of the handset, the 14 days cancellation window starts from the date you received the phone, and they will know this date because it'll be on the dispatch notes. They have to give you 14 days to test the device, make sure you're happy with it and that there aren't any faults with it.
Plus, now you know what to do if you need to get rid of a dead body! Post it to yourself via Yodel, you'll never see it again!
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The watchdog tv programme has highlighted the problems with yodel in tonights programme !
Maybe its time for 02 to sit up and actually listen !
Message 10 of 12