cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosting Signal Samsung SGH-E520

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Inside the house I get weak phone reception, the call is usually lost.

Does anyone know how to boost the antenna signal.

Looking at the inside of the phone, I see the battery and SIM and nothing else. There are three screws but non look like an antenna socket.

I have tried inserting the charging cable and looking at the bars. But it makes little difference.

Can anyone think of a free method to boost the bars.

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144610 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
If you knew the answer to that question you could become a millionaire overnight wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

At present, I would settle for a stable signal (in the house) that does not drop.

When I am in other buildings the signal is strong. Others in the house seem to have good signal strength - but modern phones.

Some poeople on YouTube have used pieces of wire or aluminium foil to succesfully boost the signal, but with my old phone there does not appear to be a socket for a wire, etc.

Best wishes.

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ps. Regarding you profile picture. How did you manage to extend the length. When I tried this the image enlarged beyond the width.

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144610 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
If you can select 2g only on your phone that might help with signal for calls and texts.
As for the profile picture you can resize any image if you save it and open it in MS Paint.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on TriBand. There are a couple of GSM options. One not available in the UK. The other makes no difference to the signal.

Regarding the picture, I meant the profile picture created by the system

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144610 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Yeah that's what I meant.
Resize your image before importing it into your profile card.
In network settings on phone just choose gsm only rather than the 3G or WCDMA option.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding those stock images (profile cards). There are three coloured blocks to the right (vertical). Do you know what they signify?

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144610 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Not sure but I think most of us use the bay fog theme.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you made your image did you place it over the complete rectangle, or to the left of those blocks?

Message 10 of 15