cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed £400 for airtime, after paying off device plan and requesting account to be closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

I took out two o2 refresh contrracts a while ago, and paid off the device plans in full, requesting for both to be cancelled with immediate affect.

The next month, a direct debit payment was taken from my account for over £400. I called o2 and they advised that this was an error and I should call my bank and request a charge back, which I did.

The account was then closed (as far as I was aware, I didn't here back).

Roll on to my current mortgage application, where I had very good credit and the offer had to be extended. I failed the check due to poor credit, as a result of two payments in arrears for o2 wanting the £400! I logged in to my o2 account, and i have no bill oustanding. Both accounts are closed.

I am now waiting forr a reply within 10 days of my email to the referrals team. I could lose the house if this isn't rectified, costing me around £2000 in solicitor fees...all because of an o2 error.

I really need a letter confirming that this is being rectified and that I wasn't at fault, as it could take weeks for my Experian report to be updated.

Any help or advice on how I can speed this up would be greatly appreciated slight_smile

Many thanks

Liam

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was advised to add these tags for assistance, any help would be much appreciated.

Message 2 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately @Anonymous as customers like yourself, there is nothing we can physically do for you.
We would advise you to contact credit referrals which you have already done.
The only other thing that may help is some input from the community manager @Toby.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 24

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Add a notice of correction to your credit file in the mean time
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you gotten back in contact via customer service about this yet? How are you getting on?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Toby

I called customer services and they said they'd pass it to credit referrals. I've not heard anything yet.

I was really hoping for something early this week, even a letter on headed paper confirming the issue is being rectified, else I could lose the house as I can't get an offer for a mortgage as my credit stands.

Thanks
Liam
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Toby

I've not had any reply as yet. Is there anything that an be done to chase this up do you think?

Thanks
Liam
Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I doubt anything will be done over the weekend mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me niether. Not only have I not had a reply, but my CLOSED account now shows a new bill of £96.95...not used the phone AT ALL and requested this to be cancelled 4 months ago....

Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Obviously it ain't closed 😞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24