Did you mean: 

Being charged for 2 devices Switch Up

Lwalsh88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

Can anyone on here help? I’ve seen previous threads with people that work for o2 on them. Pre ordered the 16 pro max via a switch up from my 15 pro max. Usually I’d do this in store but for some reason was told the switch up has to be done via post this time. Sent my phone back and have an email to say it’s been received, passed the checks and is sorted. Now my bill has come through with a monthly payment for both the 15 pro max and the 16 pro max. Called 202 and it’s like talking to a brick wall! Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Lwalsh88 

Theproblem will be is the billing date and the phone will have cross, best time to do a switch up is just before your billing date.. 

You may still need to pay your last instalment on the 15 PM

Call the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217  and see what they have to say..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Lwalsh88
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The switch up was initiated before my billing date. The only reason the phone wasn’t back with them is the fact that I had to wait for them to send me the bag to send it back in. Doesn’t a switch up write off your old contract and start a new one? Once they take this last payment for the 15 pro max I will have paid them £35 more than I owed them for it because they now have the phone back. 

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Lwalsh88 

It does, but the device plan is only removed and cleared when they actually get the phone back, and not at the time of switchup when posting it back to o2.. 

And to be honest that is fair, as they aren't going to clear the balance before that, as its a loan agreement, and what happens if you dont send the phone back..

If you do a switchup in store it is all cleared at point of sale of the new phone..

As I said ring the Payment Management team, and they can help..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 4