cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE YOU DON'T GET STUNG!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Accidentally while using my phone I went over my minutes allowance because I thought I was calling a free land-line and I was in fact calling a mobile. The call cost me £8.828 but then as I had gone over my minutes I was then charged £1.109 for a 6min 31sec call then £0.085, £3.22, £3.342, 34p, 10,2p and on and on until it came to £19.39, nearly £20 = nearly £24 inc. VAT all for accidentally going over once!
When I rang up the customer services to complain I was told that there was nothing they could do (although back in January 2008 they kindly waived an accidental over use) and that I would have to pay the full amount or have my service restricted. After much arguing and haggling I managed to get them to accept half now and half next month.
Now I have been a loyal O2 customer since the days of BTCellnet and expected better service.
There was no warning that I had gone over my minutes and I continued to get Stung for the rest of the month!
So my warning to other O2 customers is;
BEWARE YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY GO OVER YOUR MINUTES 'COS O2 WON'T GIVE YOU A REFUND!
And my complaint to O2 is;
Why do you have to be so "Nickle & Dime" and will you please give your customers some warning that they have gone over their minutes, please.
What can we do about this problem?
Well what I've done when I got "Stung" once before over internet charges was to reduce my monthly payments by £10 per month thereby saving myself £120 per year and this time when my contract is due for renewal I shall reduce it by another £5 a month or £60 per year so you see O2 will have lost £180 a year from me and every other customer who uses this system of reducing and clawing back costs, so ultimately they have lost money for not being very understanding, not good business really! Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?
Alternatively you could change your service provider! But I like O2 and always have, shame they've gone downwards!
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
So they gave you a goodwill refund once, and now you want another one. That would not be goodwill that would be paying your bill for you!
Message 2 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've been with o2 since the Cellnet days then I'm assuming you must be old enough to take responsibility for keeping an eye on how many minutes you have left. You've already been refunded once, so you don't deserve another goodwil gesture.
The easiest way to check your remaining minutes is to send a blank text to 21202.
Message 3 of 51

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3315 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
And the problem is what exactly? You pay for an allowance of "free mins" then you pay for anything extra you use over that. Its been that way ever since the days of mobile contracts started and there has always been the facility whether on your phone counters or via the helpline. However, even you must have known that you had been using all your free minutes at some point just by sheer use of your phone prior to your charges.
If it really is a problem then PAYG is probably better for you as you can control the costs.
Message 4 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
So they gave you a goodwill refund once, and now you want another one. That would not be goodwill that would be paying your bill for you!

I think you missed this bit.
Why do you have to be so "Nickle & Dime" and will you please give your customers some warning that they have gone over their minutes, please?
Message 5 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've been with o2 since the Cellnet days then I'm assuming you must be old enough to take responsibility for keeping an eye on how many minutes you have left. You've already been refunded once, so you don't deserve another goodwil gesture.
The easiest way to check your remaining minutes is to send a blank text to 21202.

I think you missed this bit;
Accidentally while using my phone I went over my minutes allowance because I thought I was calling a free land-line and I was in fact calling a mobile.
Message 6 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
And the problem is what exactly? You pay for an allowance of "free mins" then you pay for anything extra you use over that. Its been that way ever since the days of mobile contracts started and there has always been the facility whether on your phone counters or via the helpline. However, even you must have known that you had been using all your free minutes at some point just by sheer use of your phone prior to your charges.
If it really is a problem then PAYG is probably better for you as you can control the costs.

Thank, but I didn't know that I had used up my minutes and then got Stung with a very large bill, 350% of what it usually was.
Message 7 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you have to be so "Nickle & Dime" and will you please give your customers some warning that they have gone over their minutes, please?

Why on earth should they, it is your bill and your contract if for an allowance of free minutes after that you pay for them. Can't see your problem, if your allowance isn't enough get a bigger plan!
Message 8 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you missed this bit;
Accidentally while using my phone I went over my minutes allowance because I thought I was calling a free land-line and I was in fact calling a mobile.

No I didn't miss it at all. You're moaning about o2 when they aren't at fault here.
Have you considered pay and go? No chance of running up a bill on that and your renaming balance pops up after the end of every call.
Message 9 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why on earth should they, it is your bill and your contract if for an allowance of free minutes after that you pay for them. Can't see your problem, if your allowance isn't enough get a bigger plan!

Thanks I will go monthly, safer.
Message 10 of 51