Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto topup fail

bizzy55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had auto topup on my PAYG phone for several years. Then recently it just stopped working for no apparent reason. I went to the O2 shop and they said phone 4445. I phoned 4445 and they said it could only be done via My O2. I went onto My O2 and I just keep getting this :

Error
We’ve not been able to set up your auto top-up.

We’re sorry, but we’ve not been able to set up your auto top-up. It could be because some of the details you’ve entered weren’t correct. Please try again later.

I will just have to find a better phone company if this is not resolved.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38450 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

All other ways, for now, to top-up here @bizzy55  Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Glitches happen at the weekends, more often than not. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

bizzy55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I need the convenience of auto top-up otherwise it's goodbye to O2.

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7926 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Be careful. Dont know what plan you ate on but there are not many PAYG offerings out there

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38450 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@bizzy55 wrote:

Thanks but I need the convenience of auto top-up otherwise it's goodbye to O2.

As intimated in my response above, @bizzy55 - pay using one of the ways mentioned in the guide above, for this month if needed - then see if the system sorts itself out and lets you add in a valid card next week. Meantime, if you want to raise it to O2's attention,  Guide: How to find help & contact O2 has all the ways to contact them, and I would highly suggest the Social Media method using one of the ways contained in the guide just shared.

Note if calling O2, the staff are incentivized to sell contracts - resist any move made by O2 to get you to sign-up for one if PAYG with O2 meets your needs. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5