Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted Fraud

Frogger
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I phoned customer services, to report an attempted fraud on my account. A company called BonaFideMobile said I had signed up for NewLevelGames and a weekly subscription of £4.50 would be taken from my mobile account. I had never heard of them and certainly never subscribed to anything. I never clicked on any of the links in the text. I was told by O2 customer service that they would block any payments and that I must send ‘manually’ a text to the short code, with the word STOP. This I did. However I now see that I was charged 8p for a premium rate text. The CS operator never told me I would be charged. The issue is not with the 8p but the fact that the Scammer has still made money from me and if everyone getting a junk text sent the STOP instruction the crooks are still getting money. This must be stopped can anyone tell me how I can send all the info to CS in O2 by email. I have screenshots and addition info. The online chat is inadequate for this, and I want to put the complaint in writing (email)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Thegamerstar wrote:
I have been emailing them all week to no avail! IT is a scam and a complete fraud.

O2 say that they cannot do anything but why would they, this makes them money and is not their headache as we get re-routed to Bona Fide Mobile LTD!

Does / Has complained to the FO (ombudsman) or a Governing body?

@Thegamerstar 

O2 won't do anything, and to be fair it is BonaFide mobile that have (most of) your money. As Bona Fide Mobile is a registered UK Company, the Small Claims procedure can be used to recover your money. Full details on the Payforitsucks website. Many consumers have successfully obtained refunds this way. Don't let the scammers win!

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 11 of 11