cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Aerial Communications Legit?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got two Blocked calls today - from Aerial Communications. If you look them up, they say they are working with 02 and based in Fareham. They knew my name, how much I paid a month, and that my contract was up. They wanted to offer me a better rate with unlimited calls and texts. I told them I had not heard of them but they had my personal email and details. How did they get these? I reported them to O2 who said to ignore the texts. I explained again they had phoned me and had my details. They gave me the email for phishing and said don't give out any personal details - not really bothered about this breach in security. help.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's the beauty of a community but I want questioning the experience with Aerial just giving my opinion as to conflicting reports on here:smileyhappy:

Message 21 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phew. I am pretty busy, so when I got a call last year from these people (Aerial Telecommunications) purporting to be O2 I thought it was business as usual with O2. I had always had a personal account with O2. It was only when I was to be charged£2 a month for an invoice I went back onto the O2 site. Nah, you no longer have a personal account, you have a complicated business account. Also, it uses Flash so if on tablet you have to use Photon or similar - slow.

So I now want to close my account with these people (and O2 if they can't help me sort this out - multiple family users, so they will be losing out). Ah, but I have signed a watertight two year contract with Aerial. The only way out is to pay them £300+ for the remainder of the contract.

I always had a free to go contract with O2. These people have brought new meaning to the word shark business. And the worst thing is that O2 will suffer probably a lot more for allowing these people to deal in their name.
Message 22 of 33

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Until somebody gets Trading Standards involved, Aerial will continue to sell unsuspecting individuals business accounts and will continue to disguise themselves as O2 to those unsuspecting individuals.

The only other body that can put an end to Aerial's charade is O2 and if they wanted, they could do that very quickly.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 23 of 33

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
These people prey on unsuspecting people. O2 really should distance themselves from this bunch of cretins.
Message 24 of 33

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not sure if you have seen this thread too?
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-or-Aerial-who-am-I-with-and-why-has-my-phone-st...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

The only other body that can put an end to Aerial's charade is O2 and if they wanted, they could do that very quickly.

@Beenherebefore  As I have limited knowledge of business practice, I can't help wonder why on earth O2 allow Aerial to be a third party seller on their behalf?

Surely they would make more money of they sold the products themselves?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 33

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Beenherebefore  As I have limited knowledge of business practice, I can't help wonder why on earth O2 allow Aerial to be a third party seller on their behalf?

Surely they would make more money of they sold the products themselves?

As this has been going on for quite a while, one can only assume that O2 condone this business malpractice because Aerial brings a significant number of new accounts. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 28 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are currently conducting a review of their business partners so maybe, just maybe, they won't be around much longer.

Message 29 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable