Android vs IOS

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Let's keep it banter only.
Rules are:
1 you must post with your answer of Android or iPhone and then list 1(one) reason why.
2. There can only be 1(one) reply to each answer.

I'll start.

Android, because the advancement and embracing of new technologies is unrivalled on android.

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My apologies.

Apple write / create iOS for their iDevices so their platform can go on more versions of the iPhone and iPad.

For example Samsung does not write / create Android so not all Samsungs can run the newest version for example Lollipop etc.

This is why on ratio their are more iPhones / iPads with the latest firmware than phones with Android on them.

This in turn means it's more probable that a person used to iOS can pick up an iPhone / iPad and be aware straightaway where things are.

Now on balance some older iPhones or iPads cannot either run the newer iOS versions or can struggle or not support all the new features.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 52

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Three things:

1. Why is this in the Discussion forum when it would be better suited to the Off-topic forum
  2. iPhone is hardware, Android is software....how can we compare? Should it not be iOS vs Android or iPhone vs Samsung?
  3. Why is it limited to iPhone and Android, when I regard both of them to be inferior to some of the other competition?

1. Because it is on topic and a discussion. I genuinely believed this to be the best place.

2 quite correct, I shall get a mod to change it.

3 because it causes the most derailment on the forum as a whole with windows and blackberry users generally being more cultured to stoop to the levels that we do.

I just thought it better to have a single place for the most on topic derailments.

Sorry if it's annoyed you PapaDug.:smileysad:

Message 12 of 52

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Android, for allowing each manufacturer the option of pure android or they can modify it to conteract the problems caused by os fragmentation.  wink

Message 13 of 52

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

We'll be keeping this discussion in this section. My reasoning behind this is because we can also (if viridis chooses) talk about these 2 OSs in relation to O2 (deals, phones etc).

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be daft, it hasn't annoyed me! slight_smile

I just thought a more "open" discussion would be enjoyed if it was moved to the Off-Topic forum and opened up to all operating system/manufacturers.

Or you could just leave the discussion between the wannabe's and the pretenders wink

Message 15 of 52

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Or you could just leave the discussion between the wannabe's and the pretenders wink

Clearly the blackberry guys are not that cultured after all....

Lol

Message 16 of 52

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124146 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Clearly the blackberry guys are not that cultured after all....

Lol

Be afraid...be very afraid... :smileytongue:Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Android - Freedom to change message bubble colours...

LOL

Message 18 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi guys,

We'll be keeping this discussion in this section. My reasoning behind this is because we can also (if viridis chooses) talk about these 2 OSs in relation to O2 (deals, phones etc).

Cheers

Would it not then be better being opened to all operating systems and phones offered by O2?

I'm thinking about Windows Phone...and Amazon Fire Phone (snigger)

Message 19 of 52

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Fire phone is android (very very ish)
Message 20 of 52