cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All you can eat data? Appalling!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm endlessly frustrated with o2's sloppy service and false claims. I'm currently in Tenerife North (the signal was no better in the south), my internet connection is so poor I can't load a single video and have to wait at least 5-10 mins for a basic webpage to load. This isn't good enough in 2017. My partner is on EE and getting great signal. I've tried all the other networks by manually searching, after 12 years on o2 I think this may be the last time. Goodbye o2!

Regards one frustrated user without basic internet for the next two weeks 👊🏻 #dialupwasquicker
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 travel is universally accepted as "crap" as you have found out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
It's tondo with what every agreement was reached. But even in Ireland O2 on O2, the UK sim speeds are slower than the O2 erie SIM.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 8

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will stick up for O2 travel...When I used my data in Belgium it was superb. Very quick and consistant good signal eveywhere I went slight_smile

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The wife has been using it these last 2 weeks in the south of France and hasn't complained either so I can only assume it's very dependant on the number of users at any one time, although generally it really is rubbish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous  I also have major issues with o2 travel.  It's that slow it's unuseable on many occasions.

as long as calls and SMS work, the all o2 say is we're not responsible for the foreign network data speeds.

ive proved to o2 over and over again that they throttle data from the word go.  Some people don't say anything or notice as they only use Facebook twitter and it does load them, slowly, but loads them.  Anything out of the ordinary and forget it.

tesco Payg uses the Same o2 foreign networks and is partly run by o2. But as I can get 0.35Mbps on o2. Same network, same time, similar phone on Tesco abroad I get 7.2Mbps download. 

Tescos dont throttle, o2 does.  There are lots of complaints on twitter for the same issues, data on 92 travel is slow or doesn't work. 

But o2 clearly say in there terms and mentions no where what speeds you will ever get.  So really it's good luck if it works and bad luck if it doesn't.  

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@darrengf exactly my point, the speed has been throttled so much the phone is hardly worth turning on.

I've tried using my phone in Greece recently also and have ended up slinging it in the draw and just going without and not complained however, this is a different type of break I'm on. I am driving around so it was important to have my phone as I intended to use it as a Satnav, to make bookings and many other things just as I would at home.

Because o2 is owned by Telephonica I thought my phone would be fine... how wrong was I.

Last year I traveled between Las Vegas and New York, I didn't want any unexpected bills so picked up a 3 network pay as you go sim and topped up £20. It was fantastic! I've never had such good signal.

I can leave my contract at the end of the year and I can't wait! Goodbye o2!
Message 7 of 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I really hope o2 makes massive changes this summer @Anonymous as from Mid June 2017, Roaming in Eu is no longer chargeable and has to be net neutral which regardless of network or eu country your from, the speeds and services should all be the same.

ive been to Ireland, France, Spain, German, Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands. It makes no difference or day, night and network. There are all throttled. I've proven this time and time again to o2 but as they don't promise any network speeds abroad, they can throttle it to what ever they want and have done so.

i use Apple maps a lot when overseas to looks for things, I've ended up now using another network when I go abroad and using tugo on o2, I've even said to o2 I don't mind paying for data at speed, but you don't even give people that option.

lots of people don't complain as they are always told if they do, we can't be responsible for overseas network, so all they think that all the networks abroad must be really rubbish.  Believe me there really good the networks in EU.  France has some really good networks and I got signal 99.9% of the time from north to south and even in the Pyrenees.  I was well impressed to be honest.  Luxembourg again has good networks and 2G,3G,4G is everywhere.  Although it's not a massive country so that may be it.

fingers crossed for June. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 8